ENGINE No.9 (completely complete!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ENGINE No.9 says...

looking good bro!

Re: ENGINE No.9 says...

sorry my updates haven't been that spectacular lately but i promise the really cool stuff is on it's way! :mrgreen:

Re: ENGINE No.9 (utility boxes)

i got my utility boxes finished today so i thought i'd share some pics. it was a challenge to get them properly mounted on this frame but i think i finally got them straight. what's in those boxes you ask? well, that's a update for another day... :mrgreen:

boxes.jpg

boxes1.jpg

Re: ENGINE No.9 (firehose surprise!)

vanilla_gorilla said:
put a water pump on it! hahah

you mean... like this!

hose1.jpg

yes folks No.9 now has a working fire hose. pictured above is the electric pump i'm using to create 55 psi of water pressure. it's mounted in place using a fender mount flashlight holder. below is the boy scout canteen that holds my water supply.

hose2.jpg

next up is the 18 volt rechargeable battery that powers the pump and everything else on the bike(lights, siren, horn, etc.)

hose3.jpg

then the compressor that feeds my new air horn.

hose4.jpg

airhorn.jpg

the water pump feeds into this male air hose quick connector and is turned on and off by the toggle switch.

hose5.jpg

this is the hose itself which is made of high pressure fuel line, a female air hose connector and a real brass fire hose nozzle. the whole thing is about 7 feet long.

hose6.jpg

the hose of course hooks to the quick connector...

hose7.jpg

it shoots a thick column of water about 30 feet that will last for about 2 whole minutes before draining the water supply.

hose8.jpg

all this combined makes No.9 a fully functional fire fighting machine! feel free to ask questions and i hope everybody likes it :D

Re: ENGINE No.9 (firehose surprise!)

As a former firefighter and bicycle enthusiast I hereby submit my vote for coolest firebike ever. :mrgreen:

I can't wait to see this bike fully completed,....and i'd definitely take it down to the local department(s) for thier fire prevention/awareness days/events/parades etc.

Awesome.

Re: ENGINE No.9 (firehose!)

feuerdog said:
....and i'd definitely take it down to the local department(s) for thier fire prevention/awareness days/events/parades etc.

hey that's a great idea! :D it would be awesome to do something like that for my community and maybe it would help kids become more interested in bikes and fire safety all at the same time!

Re: ENGINE No.9 (firehose!)

truly brilliant! it's everything a fire engine should be. great creativity on this one.

Latest posts

Back