ERRORS?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did today. Got the error while typing a PM. Copied what I had typed (had a pic and smiley), erased from the text box, went to another page and then came back. Pasted the copied message back into the text box and hit reply before it could give me another error message :).

Firefox on windows 7 professional.

Jason

Thanks!

I'm working with my hosting company to see about having the site moved to a new server soon. Trying to get an idea of how often these errors are still happening.

The forum software that I am using has also had a major overhaul/upgrade recently and I may eventually take us up to the next level. The only tricky part is making sure all of the site add on's are compatible with the new version of the software. One example, and probably the most important is the feedback add on that allows members to leave feedback for each other.

Anyway, please continue to post in this thread if you receive any errors. @RustyGold gave me exactly the kind of details I need to give feedback to the developers helping me out.

I just had the same error that Rusty got. I was replying to a post in TRMs thread and an error popped up when I tried to Post Reply. I saw that the quoted section had an animated smiley in it, so I deleted the smiley, then successfully was able to post.

Google Chrome Version 64.0.3282.186 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I just posted and tried to immediately go back and edit something in it. It gave me the dreaded error message and wouldn't allow me to make any changes. I tried again but this time I removed a smiley that was in the post and it worked fine. It seems that the smiley is the problem here. :)
(Google Chrome)

DEATH TO THE SMILEY!!!!

smileydead.jpg

Apparently the code involved in posting the smilies is triggering some kind of a response from the server that creates these errors.

Whatever security settings are in place are not liking whatever happens and in turn creates the error.

My hosting developers are actively looking into the issue. Keep letting me know what happens if you get one of these errors.

Thanks!

For a few days it was okay, but today i got those errors again! I could not post my updates on a bike and then the site stop updating at all. I have to log in through TOR to write this now :) But still can not post the bike updates, errors appear before i manage to insert the saved post text and press "post reply"

From what I have seen and heard so far it seems that when someone tries to edit an existing post with smilies in it, that causes an error to occur.

Can anyone document an error occurrence that doesn't involve editing an existing post that includes smilies?

Right now i am just trying to post a new comment to existing thread. It contains text and images, i have removed all the smileys from it. First errors appear in the process of typing the comment, then while i keep writing more errors appear until i got disconnected from website. Then for about an hour i can not see the forum at all. If i copy the finished comment and try to paste it and immediately post it also gives me an error. Here is a screenshot:
Снимок экрана 2018-03-18 в 3.25.13.png

That sounds like a case I had a while back in which I typed up a big post with all kinds of smilies...and got the 'ISE'. I stripped the smilies, still wouldn't post. Cut and pasted to notepad...backed out and re entered thread...paste, still wouldn't post. Tried to save as .txt to clean it, as I figured there must be some hidden formatting causing the issue, tried to paste...no luck. Saved as bare bones Unicode, and tried to paste...error.

I was about ready to throw in the towel on RRB completely at this point ;) . But, printed it out...decided that since I was at work, and had ~10min cycle times on the parts I was making... I'd just re-type the whole (it was large) thing in :(. Worked fine.

...and then, since it was safely accepted, I edited it adding back a bunch of the original smilies that we're in it...and it accepted them :( .

This was several months back... I'm sure there has been many updates since. But, it was the worst ISE experience I've had by far.

Jason

Another thing that I may eventually do is upgrade the forum software to the latest version. They released V 2.0 of the software a few months ago and have been updating it each month to fix bugs and other issues.

The main thing that has kept me from upgrading is that some of the add on's that are installed weren't compatible with V2.0 of the forum. The feedback system just announced that they are compatible and that was the main add on that had me concerned.

I found out i only got errors from posting pictures. I could edit the text, copy-and-paste it, even use smileys (i still have removed them in the end just for the case :) ), but any time i put a picture (by external url) the error stops me from editing the message. I tried to use an alternative URL just in case the problem is with that, but it did not help. After some time when i finished my message i started getting errors even when i tried to fix a typo, just text. I don't know what is wrong with that, but i hope updating the engine version would help :)

Latest posts

Back