1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There is a solution for the broken Photobucket image issue on forums. If you use Firefox or Chrome, go into the Extensions (Chrome) or Add-Ons (Firefox) and search for "Photobucket Embed Fix" - it will have an icon that looks like a green piece from a jigsaw puzzle. Install the extension/add-on, restart your browser (Chrome) and you should be able to see all of the Photbucket images again.
    Dismiss Notice

Evans Bike ? Vintage

Discussion in 'GALLERY' started by Robert @ 2-BAD!, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Robert @ 2-BAD!

Robert @ 2-BAD!

Hello I need some help on this one. I know nothing about this pup. Thanks Guys. Robert @ 2-BAD! / twobadonsunset@ yahoo.c[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Oh Sorry I got the pic thing down now. Thanks for the help! I aslo love My RBC Tandem I have no info on this Double pup. thanks in advance. Robert @2-BAD!
    http://www.angelenic.com/771/fringe-ret ... s-the-eye/

2. lobsterboyx

lobsterboyx

try the [ img ] (execept with no spaces) instead of the html code..

like so

[​IMG]

3. macnut

macnut

I saw the ad for this one too... Kinda spendy. Post more pics if you do buy it!

4. Robert @ 2-BAD!

Robert @ 2-BAD!

5. lobsterboyx

lobsterboyx

6. Triggerfish

Triggerfish

Nice. Same basic parts / fork / seat / raked frame / chain guard/ring / etc. as my Interceptor 100. 'Cept you got squared fenders and the tank/rack. Best I can figure mine is a late 50's model. What is the serial number on yours? I have tried to get some info on Evans from the historical society where it was built in Michigan, but no luck yet.

[​IMG]

Right now she's in transition to something a little different:

[​IMG]

7. chimichanga

chimichanga

how about an intro? :D

8. lobsterboyx

lobsterboyx

you would have thought that harley earl would have been designing the murray bikes of the same time period...

9. T Hall

T Hall

Don't know anything about the Evans bike but I have an RBC Tandem like yours but perhaps a bit older. The RBC pet barcycle is made in sun city which it says on the headbadge. Mine has Wineman brakes, Shimano Altus LT gearing, Messinger seats, and Wald everything else. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think that puts my bike in the early 70's.The most info that I could dig up was from the shop in Stockton California where it was sold. The shop owner said that it was one of those bicycle companies that was only in business for a few years, may be 8 to 10 years. Other than that I can't tell you much. I like them because this frame is begging for a stretch job. With those double bars going all the way back from the head tube to the seat tube and that super long chainguard. I think that if you took your time and stretched it right you could end up with a unique and very cool ride. Just some of my thoughts.........Hope this helps, T Hall

10. MercuryMan

MercuryMan

RET BAR CYCLE COMPANY INC. Sun City Arizona. Lasted a couple few years and closed it's doors, they specialized in tandems and 3 wheelers trying to cash in on the retired population flocking to that area in the late 70's early 80's.

mercuryman

11. Robert @ 2-BAD!

Robert @ 2-BAD!

Yo Long Beach! Hey sorry no intro as of yet. Sorry! I have left a little internet trail with links where you could find out more about me and what im doing. Kind of very busy and when I have more time to play I will be on here . I Love old bikes. So Peace there. Robert @ 2-BAD! :wink:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/twobadonsunset/page3/
    http://www.angelenic.com/771/fringe-ret ... s-the-eye/
    Thanks guy about the Info on my RBC Tandem. Its a keeper. Wanna learn more about the streach thing. Sounds cool. If you wanna see more of my bikes checkout the Flickr link. Thats it for now. Gotta get back to work. Peace and thanks so much. Robert @ 2-BAD!

12. Rustinkerer

Rustinkerer

Viva La Evans!!! (Or is it Evanses? Evanii? ) :lol: ~Adam [​IMG] 1957 Firebird

13. Robert @ 2-BAD!

Robert @ 2-BAD!

Sweet! Love the back rack. :shock: