Evans Bike ? Vintage

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I need some help on this one. I know nothing about this pup. Thanks Guys. Robert @ 2-BAD! / twobadonsunset@ yahoo.c
2831490256_e8a6ddb7d7_b.jpg
2830652345_758e2a961a_b.jpg
2831494572_8f5bea6440_b.jpg
2830663357_a913e88327_b.jpg
2830664063_21ff4c1f94_o.jpg
2831529262_f34a47701f_o.jpg
Oh Sorry I got the pic thing down now. Thanks for the help! I aslo love My RBC Tandem I have no info on this Double pup. thanks in advance. Robert @2-BAD!
http://www.angelenic.com/771/fringe-ret ... s-the-eye/

Nice. Same basic parts / fork / seat / raked frame / chain guard/ring / etc. as my Interceptor 100. 'Cept you got squared fenders and the tank/rack. Best I can figure mine is a late 50's model. What is the serial number on yours? I have tried to get some info on Evans from the historical society where it was built in Michigan, but no luck yet.

011505010205010308200807227db5a62ec.jpg

Right now she's in transition to something a little different:

DSCN3266.jpg

Don't know anything about the Evans bike but I have an RBC Tandem like yours but perhaps a bit older. The RBC pet barcycle is made in sun city which it says on the headbadge. Mine has Wineman brakes, Shimano Altus LT gearing, Messinger seats, and Wald everything else. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think that puts my bike in the early 70's.The most info that I could dig up was from the shop in Stockton California where it was sold. The shop owner said that it was one of those bicycle companies that was only in business for a few years, may be 8 to 10 years. Other than that I can't tell you much. I like them because this frame is begging for a stretch job. With those double bars going all the way back from the head tube to the seat tube and that super long chainguard. I think that if you took your time and stretched it right you could end up with a unique and very cool ride. Just some of my thoughts.........Hope this helps, T Hall

RET BAR CYCLE COMPANY INC. Sun City Arizona. Lasted a couple few years and closed it's doors, they specialized in tandems and 3 wheelers trying to cash in on the retired population flocking to that area in the late 70's early 80's.

mercuryman

Yo Long Beach! Hey sorry no intro as of yet. Sorry! I have left a little internet trail with links where you could find out more about me and what im doing. Kind of very busy and when I have more time to play I will be on here . I Love old bikes. So Peace there. Robert @ 2-BAD! :wink:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/twobadonsunset/page3/
http://www.angelenic.com/771/fringe-ret ... s-the-eye/
Thanks guy about the Info on my RBC Tandem. Its a keeper. Wanna learn more about the streach thing. Sounds cool. If you wanna see more of my bikes checkout the Flickr link. Thats it for now. Gotta get back to work. Peace and thanks so much. Robert @ 2-BAD!

Latest posts

Back