~}{~ Evans Firebird ~}{~ Jan 27 SNOW Update

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
38   0   1
Here are the parts I have for this so far. In the short time i have had this and have been searching for parts to try to go back to near stock I am thinking that custom will be far cooler! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Joe

EvansMock1.jpg

EvansMock2.jpg

EvansMock3.jpg

Re: ~}{~ Evans Firebird ~}{~

OH! You're killing me!...I just commited a "mental" SIN with a bike.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8) thats all i have to say

Thats cool Joe, I see Custom all the way, LOWERED, FENDER SKIRTS, EVEN THROW ON A CONTINENTAL KIT WITH SPARE TIRE ON THE BACK.

Another one :shock: :shock: This one already looks cool :mrgreen:

That rack is killer...love it!

here we go again! :lol: your endless supply of cool parts is astonishing! :mrgreen: cant wait to see where this one will go.

That is SWEET. If I am not mistaken, there was a complete Colson(? - I think It was a late Colson and not an Evans) "Firebird" listed on eBay. It fetched some good money. I don't remember the sweet rack you have, but it was still a sick bike. I tried to dig up some pictures using the 'completed listings' search option but I guess it was too long ago. :|

Here is the original ad. courtesy of Dave at Nostalgic.net

ANYBODY have a tank for one of these?

1954evanscolsoncatalogpg8.jpg

No rest for the weary eh Joe. As if it hasn't been said enough already, the rack and springer are sweet. Looking forward to wherever this one is headed!

Joe, you always come up with cool bikes. I have that Evans springer also that I took off a ladies Colson. I have it on a Huffman frame. Heres a picture of it when I was building it for a RRB Buildoff but never finished it.
bbo2009.jpg

bbo2005.jpg

The cleanout continues per the other halfs orders. The good thing is that as I am cleaning out i am finding parts for projects. So maybe cleaning often is a GOOD? thing. :roll: Here is the project as it sits now.
What you do not see is the Delta auto brake light unit that is now installed under the rack...and it works too! When you brake a ball bearing rolls forward and the second more powerful element in the bulb goes on and it becomes brighter.

Evans2a.jpg

Evans2b.jpg

Ian,
When are we getting together, July? When the snow finally melts, LOL :shock: :shock: :shock:

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
I absolutely HAVE to have a fork like that. have to.

^^ Will it be melted by then? you can barely see my house from the street the front yard is so deep. oy!

Latest posts

Back