Ever seen this before?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I've got a '69 Spyder on a back burner for restoration. I've never seen an insert for the spoke protector before. Was this something that actually came with the bike or something someone added? I'd guess the latter, but the Huffy 'Flaming Stack' makes me question whether Sears did such a think with the Spyder?

rim6.JPG

I saw that wheel too, kind of cool. My guess is, they did add that stock, like the Flaming Stack spoke protector.

Well, like the Flaming Stack insert, I could make my own. I wonder how it would look. :39:
I'm seeing a black 5 speed Rail with the flaming stack and spoke protector backed with Lime/Acid green! :cool2: Oh yeah!

Luke.

Looks cool. I'm sure you could make one easily. I don't know if you've been checking out the Boten Build off but I've had to find a replacement frame and ended up scoring another Spyder for the frame. This one is coming with a spoke protector I have never seen before. When I get it here I'll post a better picture of it. This is what it looks like...
Sears%20Spyder%20Spoke%20Pro.jpg

I think that one was used on a hub Shimano made that had a hub that changed gears, rather than a derailleur. Let me see if I can find a picture somewhere *Googleing*

I've got a '69 Spyder on a back burner for restoration. I've never seen an insert for the spoke protector before. Was this something that actually came with the bike or something someone added? I'd guess the latter, but the Huffy 'Flaming Stack' makes me question whether Sears did such a think with the Spyder?

rim6.JPG
Still have this pic? I'd love to see it updated and not X'ed from error! I have a 69!

Still have this pic? I'd love to see it updated and not X'ed from error! I have a 69!
The pics that FYC posted above your past show what I was pointing to: An orange insert within the Shimano spoke protector. It was not common at all. I've never used one, or even seen one on any of my bikes.

As far as an update, here is the '69 I finished. It went to a new home last year.

TFmbWX.jpg

The pics that FYC posted above your past show what I was pointing to: An orange insert within the Shimano spoke protector. It was not common at all. I've never used one, or even seen one on any of my bikes.

As far as an update, here is the '69 I finished. It went to a new home last year.

TFmbWX.jpg

I'm currently restoring the exact same bike and would love that seat, tires too, if anyone can help.

Latest posts

Back