Extended Cruise - Video Added!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
DSC_9077_sideview01_03182017_FULLSIZE.jpg

These Build-Offs sure have a tendency to make time go fast. Another quick three months.

Started out with an old Schwinn Traveler using the frame, handlebar stem, fork and headset. Working with the tall frame set the direction of the overall design and frame modifications. Most other parts came from a couple Schwinn Varsities that I parted out to build an over-sized and over-weight quadbike about ten years ago. These parts are slowly finding their way back to rolling on two wheels. My initial thoughts were to build something more like a stretched board-tracker. A relatively early switch to different handlebars changed the build direction. As I mentioned in the build thread, that switch seemed to determined other choices like color, tires and, throwing as much chrome as I had at it. Really enjoyed this build and being part of the Build-Off.

See the build thread here:
http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/extended-cruise.101806/

assembledInProcessPicts.jpg

Additional images.

DSC_9086_frnt3qtr01_03182017_FULLSIZE.jpg

DSC_9079_rear3qtr01_03182017_FULLSIZE.jpg

DSC_9185_sideviewNondrive_03242017_FULLSIZE.jpg

DSC_9071_detail03_freewheel.jpg

DSC_9070_detail02_seatProfile.jpg

DSC_9075_detail04_headTubeFork.jpg

DSC_9069_detail01_frnt3qtr_03182017.jpg

*Edited to add build collage. Thanks @GuitarlCarl for the suggestion.

Last edited:
Absolutely fantastic !
I'm still checking all the little details on this build .
Live the fork and the use of the brake pads as bumpers .
Big thumbs up ‼
Congratulations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brother just because some folks never go look at our build threads... You should edit in a picture of the bike you started with. That shows what an amazing transformation you have created.

Carl.

I'm going to have to find the time to look over your build thread. That is one sweet looking original!
Love the brake pad fork bumpers.

Brother just because some folks never go look at our build threads... You should edit in a picture of the bike you started with. That shows what an amazing transformation you have created.

Carl.

Thanks, great suggestion.

Dude for real where was your mind at on this build ? Because I want to go there. !!!! What a sweet looking bike everything about it is says one of a kind custom built not bought & made in [emoji631] cooool . That fame is top notch along with the fork & the color just tops it off.
It's cool how these bike builds can change direction as there being built . I will say this one went down the right path . [emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back