FAR OUT FLYER (stick a fork in it she is done)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
94e3253de61ce4b153680f1236cd1cb3.jpg
cd4d7314ae4d22d7d615871bbe8cce01.jpg

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Careful Adam! No faceshield, no gloves, no safety glasses. You're going to make me worry about you.

115195330f164978fcb552dd7ea58429.jpg
this ladies frame shall give forth these purdy curves to be reborn upon thy frame

8fb91d346bc8af2a5c7b80530d1b912f.jpg
so here is where im at. Decided to move the bb inline with the down tube to give a little more leg extention and started laying out the bottom structure of the frame with spare skibs from handlebars. The old nub of the seat post tube sticking down will go at some point too. I left it for now so i can get the frame in my stand easily. I also have rotated up the frame slighly as i want a single shot chain line and not a burrito esk down and up affair.

Sign of an experienced builder right there, no welding yet and already considering chainline!
Thank you sir. Well its partly because a long time ago i did my own based on design and one it didnt fit right and two the chain line didnt work. So yes thats what im working out more as i design this time around

Thank you sir. Well its partly because a long time ago i did my own based on design and one it didnt fit right and two the chain line didnt work. So yes thats what im working out more as i design this time around

I think we all have made that mistake along the way!

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Nice work!

The springer will bottom out with the flanges facing forward instead of the factory trailing. But with the design it probably won't flip over.

Nice work!

The springer will bottom out with the flanges facing forward instead of the factory trailing. But with the design it probably won't flip over.
I hope not. From my exp with these they are pretty stiff. Eh its how i fly i shall deal with that down the road

The puzzle pieces are piling up....assembly will be eagerly anticipated!

Latest posts

Back