FAR OUT FLYER (stick a fork in it she is done)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
816582b63463be6beef154ea64513f08.jpg
almost forgot i kinda sorta set myself on fire while cutting out a plate. Saw some smoke then poof big fire. No harm done other than the death of my beloved shirt.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Put a patch over that.

almost forgot i kinda sorta set myself on fire while cutting out a plate. Saw some smoke then poof big fire. No harm done other than the death of my beloved shirt.

buff-right-out.jpg

The bike gods always appreciate the sacrificial shirt or two. Looking awesome so far, can't wait to see where it goes in the end, I think so far, it's well worth the shirt.

f6f265ee560c556f2f0ca6c4b599c645.jpg
one thing i think was passed over was the rear wheel. You will notice its two rims welded together. Back when i did it you couldnt really get wide rims. I saw some other guys doing this and did a pair but never used them. And yes it uses two tubes.
0f45645187f7e80659727abadad5d19e.jpg
the issue with this is you end up with one set of holes open in the rims. Somethings gotta go in.
a6f7035e8caa8fb44d5a5a3dc658f873.jpg
so woohoo rear wheel done other than truing.

I've been thinking of trying two 27 1/4" rims on a 72 spoke hub. Spoke length calculations would be a pain. But it would be pretty cool on a stretched 29er, skinny tire dually. I'm interested in seeing yours mounted.

Carl.

sent from a banana phone...

Holy double wide!
So wait, does this thing rock two tire? I guess it must...
Dig the punked out hole fillers!

Sick wheels brother!

You need to sew in a Spitfire skateboard patch behind that hole.

074.jpg

Holy double wide!
So wait, does this thing rock two tire? I guess it must...
Dig the punked out hole fillers!
Either can be done. Ive seen dual 2.125 tires used but im using a single 24x3 fattio. Over the center spine i will run something to protect the dual tubes

I did a weird double rim to one hub build a while back, ran some Gorilla tape over the join inside to protect the two tubes and just fitted one 2.125 tire, worked really well! Love the spikes!
Yep thats my plan other than using a bigger tire

Latest posts

Back