Faux Pedersen Ortho

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just saw this pic and thought it might flow with the "sweep" of your frame. :D

1.jpg

Ambitious build, MF! This is a different and unique direction....which it appears that's what this particular WBO is all about; from the looks of the entries!~ RaT oN!

Ambitious build, MF! This is a different and unique direction....which it appears that's what this particular WBO is all about; from the looks of the entries!~ RaT oN!

At first glance, I was trying to figure out why you were cussing at MazdaFlyer. :D

Just saw this pic and thought it might flow with the "sweep" of your frame. :D
View attachment 69014
I actually looked these up on eBay, they are there at the proverbial “dime a dozen”. I guess inflation has raised the price and there’re plastic and only 36” Long.
By starting a “go fund me page” here, maybe I could get a 51” Long custom pair for $85 each. This would be the handle only though. #KingFish are you in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually looked these up on eBay, they are there at the proverbial “dime a dozen”. I guess inflation has raised the price and there’re plastic and only 36” Long.
By starting a “go fund me page” here, maybe I could get a 51” Long custom pair for $85 each. This would be the handle only though. #KingFish are you in?

LOL, sorry brother, I don't do gofundme :D

Changed out the stem for a short 1-1/8” x 31.8mm model. That allows me to use a used set of Metropolis bars. Roughed on the brake levers and linear pull brakes. Still waffling on my wheelset choice. It may be determined on what I do with paint finish.
417a3b786ca603206deff4901c2434cf.jpg

b456a81ff7a6596f533682b219bf2bc4.jpg

20c3503b496581da720e91d8e64af63f.jpg

bfc9c1153816948516a79c108ff20553.jpg

I need to figure out the seating arrangement.

I vote for one of those saddles where each cheek gets its own little, individually sprung seat. I think it might fit with the “recognizable as bicycle but different for reasons I cant explain” look.
OK, I think I follow your train of thought. I’m still toying with ways to do the “Pedersen hammock sling” type seat. Going to experiment with some macrame wall hanging material. Not sure how strong it might be though. A couple of real deal Pedersen’s below.
74f630591e8f79a8ee158e83a4b6ad30.jpg

153e1e8f0f764fe3735c734d27cf3f12.jpg

OK, I think I follow your train of thought. I’m still toying with ways to do the “Pedersen hammock sling” type seat. Going to experiment with some macrame wall hanging material. Not sure how strong it might be though. A couple of real deal Pedersen’s below.
74f630591e8f79a8ee158e83a4b6ad30.jpg

153e1e8f0f764fe3735c734d27cf3f12.jpg

WHOAA thats wild!!

V

brooks-saddle-frame-b17-titanium-118123-0-l.jpg

Very cool. It looks like an Amish Brooks!? i guess because they are both "hammock" type saddles. I could see the springs attached to where the rivets are and the belt part attached to the nose.

V

Very cool. It looks like an Amish Brooks!? i guess because they are both "hammock" type saddles. I could see the springs attached to where the rivets are and the belt part attached to the nose.
I’ve also seen photos of a “Brooks” saddle suspended in a hammock type sling on Pedersen Bikes.
Thanks for your input and ideas.

This one appears to use a Brooks saddle in the hammock sling.
7b420f1b1bd73f3c7eff08a9c5ae017d.jpg

Last edited:
All I can think of is those old exerciser handle grips connected together with springs. Pull em' apart and rip yer chest hairs out...

Merle. :crazy:

Off the wall macrame start? Just another off the wall thought...
a2d035ce2eded364860a0f3b6d4150ec.jpg

Still thinking...maybe suspended over the top of the cushy saddle for faux visual effect and backup saddle for safety in case of cotton cord failure.

If I continue this route I might need to change title to “Jury-Rigged” or “Jerry-Rigged” Faux Pedersen Ortho. I hope that would fit the within the politically correct parameters.

Last edited:
2da40f91a6d221d08deaac9e410c288b--macrame-owl-how-to-macrame.jpg

Latest posts

Back