FBI Amsterdam, going from the forum? NOW PIC HEAVY

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: FBI Amsterdam.....who's going from the forum?

Ace said:
Ofcourse I forgot to take a pic of my own bike in the midst of all that bicyclemayhem... :roll:

Found a pic online, thanks to Vcorps :mrgreen:
IMG_7620.jpg

I was there ! :lol:

I have to say the Hellcat is perfectly executed Sensor: I checked for myself and there is absolutely NO play between wheel and fork, everything feels as solid as a rock. Also love how the light moves with the wheel, awesome 8) I just wish I knew what kind of bearing is in the front :?:

AWESOME!!! That doesn't even begin to describe it- it's visual overload taking in all those wild customs all at once. Once I put the pieces of my brain back inside my skull and pick my jaw up off the floor, I start to take in some of the amazing engineering that went into these bikes.......!!!!!!

The chain-spoke wheels are spectacular. There seems to be multi-speed hub inside there? Incredible design work!

That triple-row wheel at the bottom of page 2 is mind-blowing. I cannot conceive of building it. I would love to know the story...

The fat-tire candy red cruiser seen in some of the outside pictures... perfect! It reminds me of a "street fighter" motorcycle a friend at work owns... a 1900cc monster... the look of that bike is heavy, low, fast and beautiful. What ARE those tires and where can I get some?

The green "dragon" trike... I don't even care if that's rideable, it's got graceful, flowing lines- it looks like it would fly away as soon as you got on it- definitely most artistic... it owns the room. And that's not to diminish any of the other bikes... so many are amazing and I know they each represent hundreds, maybe thousands of hours of hard work.

I could go on and on, because every picture contains some kind of functional art, some over-the-top concept rendered in steel, aluminum, rubber, and chrome... congratulations to all the people who put the show together and brought their bikes to show off.

I would love to get to one of these shows in the future... unfortunately it's a long drive for us. :)

There are so many amazing bikes- the American customizers will have their hands full trying to top that show. I can't wait to see what they come up with next. Thanks for sharing the pictures guys, looks like the best time ever!

--Rob

Thanks or being at the FBI 2010 ... although the saturday is still a big part with the COTY the "FBI 100" cruises wednesday-friday are hardly mentioned here. I know this is a "builders" forum and most of you only dropped in saturday so for more impressions of the whole week
see http://www.choppernewsnetwork.com

About rules for COTY ect..year's have gone by since the "must be a roller" rule had to be there....COTY stands for best cruiser of the year not for best demented X-mas tree. :) (I had deep respect for this German guy who did two of the three FBI 100 cruises a lowrider :shock: getting his patch :D )
More or less all bikes these days at COTY are riders/rollers that can do that distance.
The green trike (#2 overall) a absolute rideable, Bostjan didn't wanna damage it during the cruises.

The chainwheel comes from Germany and has a SRAM 5 speed

Would love to see a small army of RatRod bikes taking part in next years edition, FBI Part 10...will be special edition. With 4 day tour around Holland (60-80 km p/day) and final day in Amsterdam with COTY and party.

FBI Part 10 Build to cruise ....stay tuned

Next year is gonna be a blast for sure ! Unfortunately this time of year is terrible at work to take days off, I hope I can join some cruisin' in 2011. All the pics and movies I've seen from past years look like fun, there's clearly more to being part of the FBI than just visiting the COTY contest. Have you set the dates and weather for 2011 yet R1/2 ?

@Rob: that red bike is a Specialized Fatboy, also see http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21146
Expensive bike, I expect the same for the tires :wink:

Wow, so many beautiful bikes! Thanks for sharing your photos!! I must go there some time, seems like fun! :)

You just have got to be there next year. FBI weekend, and especially the COTY contest, are made for people like you ! Your designs are perfect for this once a year event, you would make it even more interesting I'm sure. 8)

Latest posts

Back