Felt Bicycle Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some pics of my freshly assembled Hotwheels 68.

DSC00168.jpg

DSC00170.jpg

DSC00188.jpg

DSC00172.jpg

DSC00131.jpg

Excuse me if I'm posting this in the wrong location but I'm new here. My compliments on the beautiful Felt cruisers. Does anyone know if the Abraham Linkage fork allows enough clearance for the 3 x 24 thick brick and appropriate felt wheel? I'm shopping for my first Felt cruiser which will definitely have 24" whls and tires. Thanx

negril said:
Excuse me if I'm posting this in the wrong location but I'm new here. My compliments on the beautiful Felt cruisers. Does anyone know if the Abraham Linkage fork allows enough clearance for the 3 x 24 thick brick and appropriate felt wheel? I'm shopping for my first Felt cruiser which will definitely have 24" whls and tires. Thanx

That tire and wheel combination will fit fine. 8)

Thank you, Tater. My compliments on your awesome collection of bikes.

Pic of my Felt Scythe after total overhaul and refurb. Purchased for $75 and re-worked entire bike. Added Surly 2.5" rims and a Nexus 7 speed. Loved working on bikes as a child and now my son is getting into it, so it's a good excuse for me to get my hands dirty again :) I will post pics of my other bikes soon.

9c389d36.jpg

69f4f105.jpg

2074b35f.jpg

13d0acd2.jpg

I love the cruiser line Felt puts out. I have a 2005 Lead Sled that I went nutz on. Low and slow, the only way to go. Giggity

LeadSled1.jpg

Tater said:
Here are some pics of my freshly assembled Hotwheels 68.

DSC00170.jpg

How long have you had your 68? Mine is #16. Did you have problems with the rear gear cluster and did you get the replacement from felt?
I couldn't help myself and made a lot of changes. First replacing the brake calipers with some Avids much better. Then a lay back seat post it opens up the cockpit and the bike has better balance. Then if you really want go fast you change out the crank and get some more rear. The rest is just to my taste.

DSC02765.jpg

DSC02764.jpg

DSC02766.jpg

This is really sweet, but those speed-holed ounces hangin' under the tank don't actually do anything, do they? :?
DSC02765.jpg

Everything else does. I mean you could put a bike license on the #plate. :wink:
Just sayin' :mrgreen:

big AL said:
How long have you had your 68? Mine is #16. Did you have problems with the rear gear cluster and did you get the replacement from felt?
I couldn't help myself and made a lot of changes. First replacing the brake calipers with some Avids much better. Then a lay back seat post it opens up the cockpit and the bike has better balance. Then if you really want go fast you change out the crank and get some more rear. The rest is just to my taste.

Big AL, your 68 looks awesome. I got mine new in the box last month from a guy on the West Coast. I don't know if there are any issues with the rear cluster because I haven't ridden it yet. LOL

For now I'm going to to keep this one bone stock. Is your SN# tag two(silver-black) or three color(silver-black-red)? I'm trying to get a sense of what bikes came with what tags. The info I got from a couple of guys at Felt does not square with what I'm seeing on actual bikes.

Tater,
My SN-tag is just silver&black its not like yours. You must let felt know that your low S.N. bike needs the replacement rear cog. The one on it now will break soon after you put a few miles on it. They sent it free of charge. I was told they fixed the problem on the later models. P.M. me about what they said about SN# Tags and why they are not the same. Enjoy your 68 I love mine.

Al

big Al, who did you speak to at felt about the rear cog? I called them up and they want me to take it to a dealer and have them contact Felt. They said that I would have to pay shipping one way or another, shoot I wouldn't mind paying shipping if they would send it straight to my house. I have the issue where 1st and 2nd gear slip.

By the way, you did a great job on customizing your ride.

Rydr1, I miss spoke about how I got the replacement. I did talk to a felt rep and he told me to do the same thing. I got my bike from the bike shop so they ordered it and picked up the shipping. If you go that route the dealer should pick up the shipping and put it on for you. Thats what happens when it breaks it just spins. Sorry about that info. Hope you find a dealer near you.

Latest posts

Back