Felt Bicycle Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone tell me about the frame sizes on these bikes? I believe the new bikes have the felt 6 frame but been told felt bikes are quite a small fit and one size fits all in the UK as I am just under 6ft with a 32ins inside leg I don't want to buy something uncomfortable for long rides, I don't really want to use a lay back seatpost if I can help it, any ideas as I need this bike in my life!

I'm 5ft9 and the deep 6 is a great fit. The only thing I notice is the the handlebars are not the most comfortable for long trips. Everything else about the bike is fantastic and I can ride all day long without getting sore or tired. I'm no endurance biker but a 5 mile trip around the neighborhood is just a breeze. With those bars it looks like you may bend forward a little but it's an easy fix if it's not completely comfortable.

So this one isn't quite ready from prime time. I want to polish the fork linkage, put a regular aluminum seat post on it, put on the tail light from a motorcycle, use a completely different headlight and make it a full-on 7" headlight. The good news is I likely won't add any more decals.
180c4c93b2ed5a6a0f1d10bd8d4a2253.jpg

a9aeac3591408a5e9c75a1de4b122399.jpg

b9ca9308f74df10e934dbb453723ce6b.jpg

e4b15f6c7557d0fef978b529f1b6128a.jpg

Judging by the number of Red Baron forks, fenders and chain guard I have lying around this was probably a Red Baron or Baron 2. Yes. For certain, it was a Red Baron. I remember now.

Always wear a helmet, you won't look cool with your head smashed up. I didn't.

- Gig

- by Gigmata

Paid my deposit on the black and red "red baron" today, expected delivery could be February! still it gives me time to save up the final payment and order some bling so its ready for summer!

Paid my deposit on the black and red "red baron" today, expected delivery could be February! still it gives me time to save up the final payment and order some bling so its ready for summer!
Nice! Is that a front drum brake on it? Can't tell from the pic.

Nice! Is that a front drum brake on it? Can't tell from the pic.

It is indeed drum brakes fore and aft on the mint green Felt. Although they don't look as cool as disc they stop extremely well. The rear is a 5 speed. I think my next build might have an 8 speed disc rear and Dynamo drum hub up front. I just have to pick a powder coater in the Los Angeles area.

- Gig

- by Gigmata

You have a Deep 6 which I would not change. You have a Felt Tip which I would not change. You have a Hot Wheels which I would not change. You have a Shelby which I would not change. Very nice. Very very nice. :)
Thanks gigmata! I have my eyes on a 19" tall set of straight apes for my Tip that I think will make it a better fit for me, but I've been very happy with the way it sits right now.

Changed pedals since this picture.

photo_zpsce5de4a5.png

Love this build, and looking to do something similar.

Apologies for grave digging this thread, but what handlebar is that? Looks sorta like the stock Felt Chief bar, but it doesn't seem to have the same rise.[/QUOTE]
Almost nothing I own is dark blue. I have made a terrible mistake. The color resembles a Lexus color called Spectra Blue Mica. I painted my '67 Mustang that color. It looked hot. I've got 3 other Felt builds planned and I'll get them going once I can locate 3 good deals. Have fun with your builds.

So I finally went outside and took some pics of the mint green Felt. My ex-girlfriend and neighbors were gaga over it. I like it but I'll call the guy that was interested in buying it this week. I would rather have a house and 8 Felts than an apartment with 8 Felts.
IMG_0568.jpg
IMG_0543.jpg
IMG_0557.jpg
IMG_0582.jpg
IMG_0557.jpg
IMG_0591.jpg
IMG_0604.jpg
IMG_0617.jpg

I have two bikes that are consignment at a local shop so they aren't in this family photo but I will add pics of them.
5868ddfd66ed0bdb1c2d93a66d7d8f98.jpg

They are all Felt aluminum tank Cruisers.
Purple: My revised version of a "Little B@$+@rd"

Polished: This is my Felt "Slater" which is polished to perfection and has custom decals.

Orange: Still unfinished, it has a 255mm front disc and 160 in the rear. I have forgotten what I was waiting to get to finish it. I plan on swapping out some of the black for polished aluminum. The Felt "Drop Ten" stem polishes up nicely as does the Girvin fork linkage. I has an 8-speed Sturmey-Archer hub which makes life easy. I have put them on other bikes.

Mint Green: I am pretty sure this was a Red Baron or a 1903. It now has all the bells and whistles but they aren't mounted on the bike. The kitchen sink is in my kitchen still. I am still figuring out a mount for it.

Black: This is my second Felt Cruiser. It began life as a $200 well-used "1903". The same guy has wanted to buy for a year and has neglected to give me the money. Hmmm. Maybe he doesn't want it after all? It has been through a lot of changes. The original rims were sold, red Skyways were bolted on and then black. Thick Bricks gave way to Berm Masters and now it looks like a sweet-... track bike. Since I built it before I knew what a Girvin cross-link was it has Nirve double crown forks.

Blue: I am building another Yale. Rolling stock consists of dual Sturmey-Archer hubs drum brake hubs, it will be a 5-speed, and 24x3" solid white street hog tires mounted 3G 57mm. I even had to buy new spokes. No regrets. Coke bottle grips, Schwinn chain guard, Redline Flight cranks (I have so many spare one piece cranks, a leather seat, Girvin Cross-Link forks, Felt Cross Bars, and sealed bearings all around round out the parts list.

These other two jokers aren't home at the moment. I really want to sell the red one because it was built to sell. The Thunder Star is only for sale at ridiculous right price. I really want to keep it but I also think it's time to buy a house and stop building bikes in my apartment's living room.

51675664dd63ed1386e64f535b7614be.jpg

201a89d9ecad5d20bd45b33166b3f2e7.jpg

Finally an apology: if you haven't been able to by a Girvin fork on eBay or craigslist in Los Angeles that was because of me. Pretty much everything I have built in the last year has them - even if they aren't mounted yet. Yes, I have a set that I may put on the black Abarth bike.

- by Gigmata

Hey so I love this bike!! Where do you find thoes racks and headlight for the front?!?! I would love to know, thanks!

Hey so I love this bike!! Where do you find thoes racks and headlight for the front?!?! I would love to know, thanks!
I am doing some cleanup around my apartment. I will see if I can put a light together for you or sell you one of mine at cost. It doesn't take much for me to make them now.

- by Gigmata

Latest posts

Back