Felt cruiser with Nuvinci???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since the rims problem was solved I need to know if anyone has installed a Nuvinci hub in Felt cruiser frame. A guy on another forum said he'd done it on his Felt, but never elaborated on how exactly. The specs sheet says that the Nuvinci is 135mm hub and the Felt has arguably 122mm if I am not mistaken. So is it possible?
While I wait for my rims to arrive I need to find out and if it is doable I would prefer the Nuvinci instead of a regular 7sp Shimano.

H i, guys. I have a Felt beachcruiser (Cafe 750 frame) and have some difficulties finding rims for it.
I have those , they are 50mm wide on the outside edge.

a20181006_173016.jpg

There is this ridge in the middle.
Does anyone know where can I get those? My bike commes with 24" in the rear and 26" in the front. I actually need 2 24" rims identical to the one on the photo.
The font rim has the same design, except that it is 26", otherwise I would just let the shop relace the original rims.
The only ones I found are 46mm. I know I won't notice the difference, so if no other option I will get those.
Still anyone know ehre can I get such as on the pic?

Last edited:
I only needed the rim. Never heard of Motostrano, checked them out, thank, but they have 8 parts total - two tires and one 26" front wheel included.
In the end I ordered them in 46mm (4mm less is not the end of the world and I am sure not really noticeable), double walls, only model I found in that look, on the plus side they were available in black, which will go well with the Berm Masters.
Thanks for the input, guys.
Anyone any thoughts on the Nuvinci hub? (look opening post)

Last edited:
I definitely do not recommend or encourage you for cold-setting the alu frame, but at same time i have to mention it is possible and i have seen people doing it in quite an extreme ways! :D
If this is really what you desire it should be possible to bend the stays out and file the dropout plates a bit from the inside. I have posted pictures here (in your other post) of a person putting 100mm rims with Shimano Alfine (132 or 135mm OLD) on his aluminium Felt cruiser.

You might be able to swap/modify a/some spacer(s) or bearing cone(s) and flex the frame manually when installing the wheel. It could also take some wheel dish adjustment. That's how my old Huffy coaster became a 10 spd, the frame didn't need a permanent bend, I just pull the dropouts apart with my fingers and push the axle in with my thumbs. May not work for you, your hub may not have the 1/2" of space you need to lose.

Thanks for the input. From what I could gather it seems that the Felt has 125mm in the rear. The guy at the shop tried to mesure it, but the hub is in the way, he said that it might be 127, but once the wheel is off they will measure it properly. I am awaiting the rims to arrive in an hour and once I take the bike to the shop we will know for sure.

Latest posts

Back