FELT IT! (quake)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Felt the tremors in Western MA!...Sitting in my recliner, started swaying back and forth. Rocking chair on the other side of room started rocking. Never experienced that before. VERY weird.

Wow....saw the BREAKING NEWS alert on all of the news sites. :shock:

It's pretty rare to get a quake up in that part of the country isn't it?

I've never experienced one before, although there have been a few in past years. I stood up from my chair, but didn't feel anything. I put my hand on the recliner and could feel it shaking back and forth. I looked over at the rocking chair, rocking, that's when I realized exactly what was happening. Made this old man a little frightened.

We started getting some smaller ones in this part of the country, but it seems like it's because of all of the natural gas drilling going on down here.

Rat Rod said:
We started getting some smaller ones in this part of the country, but it seems like it's because of all of the natural gas drilling going on down here.

That is whole another story..... :roll:

I have only felt one quake and it was enough for me.

Experiencing stuff that happens far away reminds me of the morning I was laying in bed in 2003 and and one of my Boxers was asleep on the floor at the foot of the bed. I was asleep and all of a sudden I heard this "BOOM!" off in the distance and my dog jumped up and barked a couple of times.

It turned out to be the Space Shuttle Columbia explosion. :(

cman said:
I have only felt one quake and it was enough for me.
Although it was minor....I'll have to agree with you.

I can't even imagine being at the epicenter of one.

I was at a stop light in Chicopee Mass. and the car started shaking side to side...weird :shock:

Rat Rod, I heard the sonic boom too, I seriously thought my youngest son fell out of bed. I climbed the stairs and found him still asleep. News coverage started about 30 min. later. Tragic!

Now same son lives in SF city. My sister lives on a fault line across the bay.
A big quake event is always in the back of my mind. Hoping that they won't experience one!

I went to high school in Mineral, VA, where the quake was centered. I haven't been able to get in touch with any of my friends there or on the outskirts of Richmond. Mineral/Louisa is so small, they are barely prepared for a thunderstorm, let alone an earthquake. I have seen the pics of damage in Richmond and I can't imagine what Mineral looks like. We felt it in Winton Salem, NC but I'm sure it was not even 1% of what they felt there.

Rat Rod said:
Experiencing stuff that happens far away reminds me of the morning I was laying in bed in 2003 and and one of my Boxers was asleep on the floor at the foot of the bed. I was asleep and all of a sudden I heard this "BOOM!" off in the distance and my dog jumped up and barked a couple of times.

It turned out to be the Space Shuttle Columbia explosion. :(
I lived in Port St. John, FL, when The Challenger exploded. We were just across the Indian River on top of our house watching. We had no idea what was going on. I was only 6 yrs old at the time.

didn't feel anything at work (New Britain, CT), but my girlfriend felt it in North Haven.

wierdest thing ever happened to me was when a power plant in Middletown, CT blew up. I felt the explosion 15 miles away at my house in Meriden. Didn't know what it was at the time, but I knew it was something bad. Saw it on the news later that night.

Now I don't have to hear from the people who go thru hurricanes and tornado's yearly saying "at least we don't have earthquakes".....actually I heard it wasn't an earthquake at all......it was the forfathers rolling in they're graves.... :roll:

i live in st.catharines ontario canada and i was at work at the time and i felt it.... it made all the saw blade on the wall move....

Latest posts

Back