Fender Art Show in Minneapolis

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Each artist will receive a pair of fenders (back and front) to paint/decorate any way they want. The only guidelines being that they still have to technically be able to be used as fenders (the holes can’t be covered nor can objects stick out from the surface so far as to make the fender unable to attach to a bike). We will mount the pair of fenders to a piece of varnished wood to exhibit them and in a way that they could be hung in a home as the art they will indeed be. We would like the artists to try to make the fenders as durable as possible, however. We will ask each artist to rate their fenders 1-5 with 1 being “probably best to remain hung on the wall as art” and 5 being “it would be wrong not to use these cool fenders on a bike”.

During the actual exhibit, Andy will have a number of bicycles rebuilt and primed but fender naked so one would be able to purchase an entire bike to go with the purchase of artists designed fenders. Imagine; someone could own a one-and-only-“insert artist's name here” designer bicycle. How cool is that?

Right now I am planning to have the opening event Friday, May 4th, a week or so before the Art-A-Whirl week-end (third week-end in May) and open studio hours all of Art-A-Whirl. We will make postcards, advertise, promote and handle opening details. I’m inviting 30 awesome artists I know and I am certain it will be a fun show to be part of.

More information as it becomes available.

this is such a cool idea!
I hope that if you sell any bike/fender combos, that you take pictures.
very, very, cool idea... if you were closer, i would have been all for decorating a fender for this.

Wow...looks like it was a great time!!!!

These fenders are my favorite...they are incredible!!!! :shock: :shock:

Mike_Sweere.jpg

wow, i love this...
is the show your own original idea? makes me think about fenders in a whole new way...

tomb said:
wow, i love this...
is the show your own original idea? makes me think about fenders in a whole new way...
it was my girlfriend's idea...given the number of 'extra' fenders i have...she thought it would be a good way to have an art show & launch the bike shop.

from the artists i talked to (most of them), they liked the challenge...given that fenders bend in more than one way.

I cant get over how cool they all turned out... so did you post pics of them all? i was really hoping to see a new-school graffiti fender!

Anyway, if you dont mind, i may try to pitch this idea to a few of the shops/gallerys/artists around here...

Latest posts

Back