[FINISHED] Cruiser that wants to be a chopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here it is... a crappy no brand 26' cruiser that want to build up into an old school chopper...

i'm undecided between two style...

here it is the original fork with a 20' rim

eir3pu.jpg

triple fork 24/26 rims

xlh4b4.jpg

or old school fork hacker job ahahaha

saw38m.jpg

need some help and your tips guys!!! :D

Re: Cruiser that wants to be a chopper

aw heck, just cut it up an make it into a;

BURRITO LOL.

Outlaw 8)

i love this thing over there^^^^ is my inspiration :shock:

i'm still undecided between the hack job fork #3 and triple fork, i'm even thinking about lenghten them a lot...

today i'll mock up the sissy bar and seat to see how they'll look once mounted...

this is the saddle i want and i'm about to buy.

4iih74.jpg

My .02 would be to shorten the triple fork until the 26" almost touches and add some truss rods. That or go with the raked forks. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it!

Hey Mugen, one whole side of my family (mothers side) lives in Italy, Milan mostly, i haven't been there in a very long time maybe someday.

Hey Mugen,
IMO: Go with #3, like the long fork
Random Bikes said:
i agree with Peatbog, #3 with apes n sissy bar
+2

http://www.race2play.com/forum/list_posts/4128
“Caster is the angle of your steering movement as seen from the side. It provides some self-centering effect while driving in a straight line. An example of extreme positive caster is a chopper motorcycle where it's steering axis is "laying down" at the angle of the motorcycle's forks. An example of negative caster is the front wheels of a shopping cart. They are being "dragged" behind the steering pivot point, often wobbling around and very unstable. More positive caster dials in more self-centering, which can be a good thing for comfort alone.”

A long fork will have lots of positive caster so it will be harder to turn (could even fold the tire/wheel sideways in extreme cases) but will track super straight (great for no hands operation :D ). Negative caster (if you had the fork on backwards like seen on some store-built bikes :shock: :x ) would make it very hard to keep straight.

Seat looks cool!

whopperchopper said:
Hey Mugen, one whole side of my family (mothers side) lives in Italy, Milan mostly, i haven't been there in a very long time maybe someday.

came back to Italy before it's too late hahahah :D

today i shaved the front fork and prepped it to fit the extensions and weld them...

no pics sorry :shock:

really quick mock-up with the stock fork...

i still don't know if i like the double lights in the front... put them on to see how they looked

really like the 24 front and 26 rear, but i still don't know if the new rubbers will have withewalls or not :?:

the frame now is screaming for a banana seat ahahah

as you can see everything is still super crusty rusty and filthy, as i like it, but this bike will be a bit different for my kind of rat... it will be all black

wu5hqd.jpg

35hqo9f.jpg

29uy3pv.jpg

9pvzo2.jpg

I like the look!!! and like the 24"/26" rake,, i'm thinking of the same 24"/26" rake on my next build.

thanks, it will have a long way to be done, but i like the line for now...

i'm still waiting for parts to arrive:

26,2.125 slick with white wall
24x1.75 with white wall
steel pedals
banana seat
sissy bar
free wheel and spacer to respace the rim
chain

stay tuned :p

too cold to work outside...

so i made a led light for the project out of the crusty original light and a 1€ torch

2mqj529.jpg

9i4ujb.jpg

r926gy.jpg

Hey Mugen,
Like the way you're building your bike. I agree: Banana seat would look good, twin lights too
How did you do the LED conversion? Several others here have done it successfully (but not me yet)
Did you use a flashlight that switches On/Off by pressing the back?
Then concaved the back of the light, drill hole and made the button accessible?
My wife just picked up something similar and I'm trying to figure out a method

What are you studying? Seguente (sequential?) equations and some type of geometry?

Also, I was lucky enough to go on a test trip what started and ended ~50knm north of you in Bologna (with VM Motori)
Had a great time and will eventually get back there, Great people, food, and scenery!

Looking forward to seeing your next move on the chopper

the lights is as simple as you said... just put the whole flash light in, drill a hole and make the button accessible to turn on/off the light

I'm studying advanced calculus, i'm almost a mechanical engineer just have to do a couple of exams :D

Latest posts

Back