Fire victim

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A buddy said he found a bike for me while he was out on a grass fire call. He asked me if I wanted it and who am I to refuse a free bike. Well he sent me a pic of it today. He said it went through the fire and he hoped I could use some parts off it. Will know what is useable Monday. If the frame and fork is good I'm thinking of rebuilding it and painting it and calling it Fire Flyer.
received_10208809785509977_zps0hx1rupm.jpeg

I think I would just wipe the frame down with a dry rag and spray some clear over it. Once repainted, all the fire history is lost. Maybe paint the new rims red with yellow flames before you spoke them up. Go with a single speed coaster brake and you don't need to worry about the brake pads rubbing the paint off the rims.

Yeah really hadn't thought about how I was going to repaint it yet. May clear the frame and fork then paint the fenders red then dry brush yellow and black over the red, (I have a set of fenders off another bike like this if these are toast). thinking for the seat I will recover one with the fabric casing of a fire hose.

Latest posts

Back