Firestone Super Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Finally got the #2 bike on my bucket list. (#1 being the Donald Duck Shelby!). Here are some before and after pics from the the day I got it last weekend to today after the cleanup...

Before
scruiser1.jpg

scruiser3.jpg

After
scruiser5.jpg

scruiser7.jpg

scruiser6.jpg

Gorgeous Firestone 8) 8) ...that bike is on my bucket list as well.

I added a few accessories to my Super Cruiser. Saddle bags, rear mudflap and "winged" hubcaps on the front. I need to "age" the bags as they are a bit too bright.

scruiser12.jpg

scruiser10.jpg

scruiser11.jpg

scruiser13.jpg

scruiser14.jpg

Balloon_biker said:
Beautiful bike!!!! What did you use to restore the shine?

Hey thanks.....Basically I just stripped the bike completely down and went at the paint with WD40 and a gray ScotchBrite pad. Just let the pad do the work using caution around the decals. Then when I was done, I washed it all down with soap and water, let it sit a day or two and then went after it with some rubbing compound. Then hand buffed it with a rag. I love the Super Cruisers. I think the design and styling is top notch. I leave it sitting in my garage so I get a look at it a couple times a day. :lol:

It is the little things....A guy on the CABE sold me a really nice kickstand, so now I don't have to lean the bike on the garage door! :lol:

If I could find a set of Firestone banded pedals, this would be DONE. That's ok...part of the fun is being on the prowl for the hard to find parts.

scruiser15.jpg

Thanks man....I know what you mean about being out of the budget. I was super happy to find this one at a price I was willing to pay. Mine needed work, but I could tell it was going to clean up well.

The one you posted is nice, but I think you could do better for the money. Then again, I am terrible at evaluating price! I know the bars, stem, grips and tires are wrong. The fender light is missing (that is probably $100 right there). The graphics are rough. The seat looks different than the split crash rail design you see on most of them but that could be correct for an older model. I am guessing it is a late 40s.

Monarks are one of my favs. Your's is stunning, and glad to see you just cleaned her up and brought out her beauty instead of restoring. 2 thumbs up, but if I had more I'd give you them also :)

thatismytruck said:
Those wnged hub caps are the coolest!!

Did I get those from you? I cannot remember for the life of me who I got those from. I just remember thinking they just oozed coolness. They were sitting on my nightstand for several months waiting for the right bike!

sgrace2121 said:
Monarks are one of my favs. Your's is stunning, and glad to see you just cleaned her up and brought out her beauty instead of restoring. 2 thumbs up, but if I had more I'd give you them also :)

I love vintage artwork/graphics/styling with a fine patina so I never really considered restoring. This bike just screams 1950s.

Terry66 said:
thatismytruck said:

Did I get those from you? I cannot remember for the life of me who I got those from. I just remember thinking they just oozed coolness. They were sitting on my nightstand for several months waiting for the right bike!

You got them from me and I think they look awesome on your bike!

Rockit! said:
Terry66 said:
thatismytruck said:

Awesome...and let me say THANKS! :lol: :lol:

Terry66 said:
Rockit! said:
Terry66 said:

Awesome...and let me say THANKS! :lol: :lol:

I never would have sold those.

ever.

Back