Firewing II - BO8 Bike Mods- St Pats Trade, yes I am Trading Firewing!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Firewing II - Build Off 8 Bike Mods - 8/22 Bars

Glen said:
Like SCHWINNRAY69 and ifitsfreeitsforme, I prefer them too and also reckon tilting them is the way to go. You do soo many great photos that are sooo tempting to play with, that I once again could not contain myself :roll: ...

Original...
WP_002721_zps465d5d47.jpg

Photoshopped version...
14l4suf.jpg

The front of the bars match the fork angle and the grip part of the bars match the seat angle 8)

I also think the new bars are better. In my eyes, the tilt should be some where between these two pictures even though I do see the logic Glen pointed out with the angles. Hard to say though without seeing it in person.

junknutz1975 said:
I really like the new bars :shock:
For me , the rams horns hid too much of the beautiful springer fork.

Looks sick! love the radio

TOO COOL!!

8)

Thanks buddy. The springer definitely stands out more with these bars.
Still haven't done any work on the radio bracket yet. Maybe tomorrow.

The Renaissance Man said:
I also think the new bars are better. In my eyes, the tilt should be some where between these two pictures even though I do see the logic Glen pointed out with the angles. Hard to say though without seeing it in person.

Looks like just about everyone likes to new bars more. And to be honest, I do too.

Adjusted the bar angle by just sitting on it and seeing where it felt best. Here you go. Thanks guys, I do like the look better swept down.
WP_002745_zps9d467a3c.jpg

Went for a ride and the bars just felt right.

WP_002756_zpsfc75ced7.jpg

WP_002757_zps5bae8be9.jpg

While I was out, this stopped me dead in my tracks!!!! 1970 Mach 1 with a 351. I drooled around this for 5 or 10 minutes.
WP_002759_zps8ec31c37.jpg

WP_002760_zpsace7af16.jpg

WP_002762_zpsc3ca7260.jpg

I was pretty happy with the way this photo turned out considering it was a cell phone pic.

aaWP_0027482_zps0f32af3d.jpg

Re: Firewing II - Build Off 8 Bike Mods - 8/25 SpikedWingHelmet

Didn't get to the radio today, but I added a wine bottle stopper spike to my helmet and got ready to add the wings.
These are yard sale EMCO Goggles along with an Easyriders flame shirt to finish my Firewing outfit for the ride next weekend.
Luckily he Savannah Craft Brew Fest is during the day before the ride. :D

WP_002764_zps38d05e45.jpg

WP_002765_zps7ac66c19.jpg

S5009733_zpse433fa4e.jpg

S5009734_zps93898c24.jpg

S5009735_zps5ccfd380.jpg

I have a helmet just like that but in chrome... Same wine bottle stopper in the top too. I got it like that from an antique shop. :mrgreen:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=73258&hilit=+helmet

LOL! Maybe after the helmet is finished.
Funny that you say that because I thought the same thing for you with you Biking Viking pic.

Re: Firewing II - Build Off 8 Bike Mods - 8/26 TomThumbTunage

My iPod Shuffle arrived from ebay the other day. I went and bought a stero plug cable and shaved one end down so that it would fit through the existing old antenna cable hole and connect to the amplifier speaker.

WP_002766_zps88a4cbdc.jpg

Made the brackets from angle brackets and conduit hangers. #0's are perfect for handlerbars if anyone has anything they want to mount to their bars.
WP_002769_zpsc154267e.jpg

WP_002770_zps5edc0205.jpg

Used a Velcro cable tie to mount the iPod to my cross bar.
WP_002773_zps7cea66ed.jpg

Mounted easily and the iPod cable doesn't even need any ties.
WP_002775_zps5a3b50c5.jpg

WP_002772_zps2051e89d.jpg

WP_002771_zps10dedd25.jpg

Not much light. Went for a ride and even attempted a cell phone video. I'll see if I can upload it or if it is worth a darn. The tunes work great. It'll crank up pretty loud too. The location of the iPod is perfect and hardly noticeable.

Re: Firewing II - Build Off 8 Bike Mods - 8/26 TomThumbTunage

LukeTheJoker said:
That is brilliant King!

Luke.

Thanks Luke! I am pretty pleased with the way it came together. Sounds good too!
WP_002775_zps5a3b50c5.jpg

Re: Firewing II - RRBBO8 Bike Mods-8/26 TomThumbTunage+Video

Here is the Video. It sounds better that the cell phone camera picks up.
CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW TO PLAY VIDEO

Re: Firewing II - RRBBO8 Bike Mods-8/26 TomThumbTunage+Video

Bolted on the Firewing wings to my helmet tonight for the costume. Used some spiked valve caps as dress bolts.
WP_002780_zpsbd9d9903.jpg

Re: Firewing II - BO8 Bike Mods-8/29 HelmetHeadbadgeSpikesWings

Added a Columbia headbadge to match Firewing II.

IMG_2689_zps3eac28b6.jpg

IMG_2685_zpsaf8dfc24.jpg

IMG_2684_zps0b9b2911.jpg

I love that radio, and I like the new bars with the cross bar. Firewing now looks like it may be a little more comfortable to ride? Maybe even under water with those goggles! Haha That picture cracked me up but I like the look, good work.

carrotsnax said:
I love that radio, and I like the new bars with the cross bar. Firewing now looks like it may be a little more comfortable to ride? Maybe even under water with those goggles! Haha That picture cracked me up but I like the look, good work.

The radio is very cool and the bars definitely make for a laid back comfy ride.
Glad you like the goggle look. It's fun to be a goofball sometimes.

Last weekend I took Firewing II out for a ride with the radio.

Came across a 53 T-Bird, so I had to get a shot of my 53 Firewing in front of it.
WP_002624_zps82f69b82.jpg

Then I went down to Forsyth Park where it was the annual Picnic On The Park with the Symphony. The best "Picnic" entry was done by the Victorian Neighborhood Association where they all dressed up in period clothes.
WP_002625_zps4044d4e8.jpg

Had to get the lady dressed as Mary Telfair (a Savannah legend) with Firewing.
WP_002627_zps6f85bdf6.jpg

Then later in the evening I tried to get some culture with a band side viewing of the Symphony.
WP_002632_zpsea52a82d.jpg

CRASH said:
I like those bars a lot. I honestly think the radio detracts from the lines, but it's an understandable need. :lol:

Great work!

I love the repop bars too. I think the radio matches the bike well and flows with it as far as a big handlebar radio can, but I do agree that the overall bike flows much better when it is off. It's fairly easy to take it on and off. It is a fun accessory though. People get the biggest kick when I tell them it's a 1949 bike radio and then they see the little ipod near the grips.

Latest posts

Back