FIRST CAR!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first own car, just got it yesterday! 1965 Ford Falcon with a 200 straight 6, 2 speed auto. It's a pretty nice, untouched and unmodifed car but it has a few issues like any old car but I still love it! All my friends have Honda's, Toyotas or other rice burners and they look at me like I'm crazy because I don't have power steering, power brakes, power locks, windows or a radio (hopefully it will have a bumpin' system soon though). :D

P1000631.jpg

P1000633.jpg

Eh what would they know, looks like your doin alright to me :) and it could be worse, try explaining a push button transmission or 3 on the tree to someone and watch the blank looks youll get, at least no one wanted to borrow them :lol:

Looks great! I love the lines of those old Falcons, and apparently so does my dad :lol: He has a 65 wagon straight six 3 on the tree, a 64 futura with a VERY healthy 302, and a 64 5 window currently with no running gear but will most likely end up being stuffed with something BIG and fast. Good find there, and don't worry about those ricers, they only wish they were half as cool 8) If you need any help or advice on tracking down parts or info feel free to hit me up, we have found the best resources and know of some untold treasures.

you know what they say, youre not cool unless your car is older than you. that thing looks great!
c-man,my first pickup had a 3 on the tree AND an 8-track player! :eek:

someguy83 said:
Looks great! I love the lines of those old Falcons, and apparently so does my dad :lol: He has a 65 wagon straight six 3 on the tree, a 64 futura with a VERY healthy 302, and a 64 5 window currently with no running gear but will most likely end up being stuffed with something BIG and fast. Good find there, and don't worry about those ricers, they only wish they were half as cool 8) If you need any help or advice on tracking down parts or info feel free to hit me up, we have found the best resources and know of some untold treasures.

I originally wanted a wagon but I couldn't find one that I like that was in my price range. I feel like I'm in a go kart every time I drive it because I'm used to driving full size trucks that are a pain to park. :mrgreen:

If anyone has any advice or tips on putting shoulder belts in, let me know! Right now I only have lap belts but my parents want me to get shoulder belts in it.

You could always get some of these then maybe.............
http://simpsonraceproducts.com/products ... 2297&sort=

Few ideas,
Flat black with a new hood
1965_ford_falcon-pic-16271.jpeg

Little lift in the front
0605rc_16_z+1965_ford_falcon+front_view.jpg

Little weekend fun
1965-ford-falcon-pic-26437.jpeg

more weekend fun
wow.jpg

maybe a little road race or drift?
mdmp_1009_08_o+ford_falcon+1965_ford_falcon.jpg

maybe lower the back a bit
65-Ford_Falcon-Strip-Teaser-DV-10-MB_01.jpg

Maybe a nascar look
Ford%20Falcon_1963_CSE0087_infineon-hist-5-08.jpg

Wheelie!!!
16311-1965-Ford-Falcon.jpg

Few slight tweeks to the motor
nikki3.jpg

Or the overly done whitewall and red rims.
10105382_20101229958.jpg

And if gas prices go down and you get comfortable driving it you can explore other motors........
hrdp_1006_18_o+ford_boss_429_engine_buildup+ford_429_valve_covers.jpg

I've been driving it all week and I think I have it mastered! So far I have put new turn signals in it, new wipers (oregon = rain) and I got a new piece of glass cut for the mirror because it supposedly fell out when the previous owner had it but they never replaced it. I'm looking at getting a split header for it and making a new exhaust but I don't know if it would be worth it without putting in a hotter cam and a bigger carb? If anything it would atleast make it sound a little meaner than it does now. I've checked out a few headers and so far this looks like the one I might get http://www.cjponyparts.com/SCOTT-DRAKE-HEADER-DUAL-OUTLET-KIT-SIX-CYLINDER-1965-1973/p/EXHD17/ , does anyone have any experice with Scott Drake? I know Hooker and Classic Lines make headers for 200 i6 but I want to try and keep it somewhat cheap.

Im diggin' the cool pics!

Your rice burning buddys are complete idiots.

Your Falcon already out lived thier fart pipers 3 times.

I beat up on the rice boys around here on a regular basis with 8.2L (500) of Cadillac rat rod power.

DO NOT add any performance mods without rebuilding that engine first.

DONT BEAT ON IT to impress your dopey friends.

I have a Sixer myself too...225 Slant Six (The Leaning Tower Of Power)

''75 Plymouth Scamp (lil' Scamper)

Buzzin' half a dozen.

MagicRat said:
DO NOT add any performance mods without rebuilding that engine first.

DONT BEAT ON IT to impress your dopey friends.

I have a Sixer myself too...225 Slant Six (The Leaning Tower Of Power)

''75 Plymouth Scamp (lil' Scamper)

Buzzin' half a dozen.

The engine was rebuilt a few years ago and I have all the receipts so I know what they have done, it also has a new tranny so I'm not that worried about it. I can't say I haven't beat on it though. 8)

Latest posts

Back