FIRST THURSDAY OF EVERY MONTH!!!!!! NOVEMBER 5th

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: FIRST THURSDAY OF EVERY MONTH!!!!!! SEPTEMBER 3rd

So ... I had to miss the ride to go to a meeting with Boy's new teacher and all the other parents. The meeting was actually good. His teacher will be awesome. Really. While hanging out listening I get a little vibration/tingle in my thigh. "This guy is good," I think to myself, "but not that good." Oh! right! my phone is on vibrate. So I whip it out and have a look. Ian being sypathetic to my plight of me not riding and consuming, has decided to send me a photo of the ride. It really could have been charming. Ian takes a photo of himself with Bo.

IanandChris.jpg

Nice I think. Then I read the text:

"Dude, miss u. NOT."

Jerk.

hahahahahah, man that was mean. Sorry big guy.

seriously though, we had a great time last night. That's a great group. Here's some pictures from last night:

Some dude showed up with a custom billet springer he made for his chop. Wow. He proofed it out of plywood first, then gave it to a friend who made 3D drawings of it, then another friend cnc'd it. Nice friends!

3887078128_33ea89c875_b.jpg

3887079152_ef28fcf167_b.jpg

3886282341_64201ae8fc_b.jpg

3886278963_b6555def79_b.jpg

Steve made it down

3887081280_31867ddcfe_b.jpg

CJ about to kick my butt. Rob doesn't care. "...there's gonna be fist fight - oh yeah!..." (Reducers)

3887083992_147a2b47cb_b.jpg

girlies...

3886285211_fa2c2951b4_b.jpg

moon worshiping heathens! (favorite picture of night)

3886288439_c0ff5edb37_b.jpg

it was so beautiful last night...

3886287695_945ef1fea2_b.jpg

this shot brings a tear to my eye. Venus the evening star next to the champagne of beers illuminated by the moon...

3886289235_35539128a8_b.jpg

3887087784_82fbd8ee4a_b.jpg

end of the road at the Broken Spoke

3886290889_f45647acf2_b.jpg

great time.

Dan, I have two sets of wheels you might be interested in. PM me, we'll negotiate the hostage money.

Look at those heathens cavorting in the light of the moon!

Wine women and song! Or was it beer, broads, and BS? I forget, I had a lot to drink.

In any case we had an awesome night and wish September was about 20 weeks longer.

Boskipper, thanks for inviting us down and taking us for a ride. Good times. We'll keep going
as long as the weather is acceptable.

Our next ride is the 20th... all of you are invited. Even Allyn, who drove there in a funny little
German car. Made in Mexico.

--Rob

is anyone meeting up this thursday to ride motorcycles? I got ol leaky fixed

i might be down for that if I'm not too blown from computer class all day.

maybe i'll bring the kinger and play catch up all night.

No one rode motorbikes last night.....I had to work the 2nd job and Marc's Buell is broken (surprise surprise). However this upcoming thursday October 1st is bicycle cruise night again!!!!!!!!!

Re: FIRST THURSDAY OF EVERY MONTH!!!!!! OCTOBER 1st

Who's riding this week? I am free, planning to get down there unless we go to the Big E all day... still undecided.

Been doing some great rides around the area, Groton just opened up a new section of bike path.

Also did anyone see the article about bikeable cities in Parade magazine this week?

The rest of the world is finally coming to realize that we are all right!

--Rob

NLCTVWguy said:
Who's riding this week? I am free, planning to get down there unless we go to the Big E all day... still undecided.

Been doing some great rides around the area, Groton just opened up a new section of bike path.

Also did anyone see the article about bikeable cities in Parade magazine this week?

The rest of the world is finally coming to realize that we are all right!

--Rob

Hey Rob,
Bikes are always right,I guess the rest of the world is just a little"slow"in realizing it :wink:Will give you a call on the Rhode Island run, we're lookin at Sun Oct 18th weather permitting.

Cheers

I plan on going if I feel well enough. Been fighting a nasty cold for a week now. Luckily I gave it to Ian, so now I have someone to suffer with at work. Sorry, Bud.

I can't make the ride this month - I am cycle camping that night at Hammonasset. I'll be there in November.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
I can't make the ride this month - I am cycle camping that night at Hammonasset. I'll be there in November.

Who's gunna drink with me?

uhh... this is a long shot, but.... Chris?

Ian, do you know how close Hammo is to the Bike shoppe ?????? You can easily ride here,,,,,,,,,,down brews and ride back!!!!!!!!!

BOSKIPPER said:
Ian, do you know how close Hammo is to the Bike shoppe ?????? You can easily ride here,,,,,,,,,,down brews and ride back!!!!!!!!!

ya, it's tempting, but I don't think it'll work for us. We will be arriving Hammy around 6:30, setting up tents, then we need to eat. Usually just shoot across the street to Lenny&Joes, and then ride down the street to Chips Pub for beers. If you guys wanna stop by Chips later that night, call me 203-631-0021

...but I will check with the guys and if they want to shoot over to Guilford, maybe you'll see us.

Hey man, I heard Chip's Pub 2 is closed in Guilford, there is another one in maybe Clinton?????? Is it still open?????

he's prolly going to Chip's III in Clinton. I just called II and you might be right, the number is dead. weird. I was there very recently.

we ride to the one in Clinton. was alive and well a month ago or so. hope it still is.

Won't make this one either. Wife too ill. CT Scan in an hour. perhaps admitted to hospital if blood work comes back with irregularities.

Latest posts

Back