Fleetwing is flying again.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up an old Single Speed Fleetwing last fall, at a localish Bi-annual Automotive Fleamarket in Barrie Ontario.

I picked up the bike for $20...(The guy even threw in a girls bike for free, it's been a parts bike for a couple things). It was in rather rough shape when I got it....Bottom bracket bearings were rusted, wheels were toast...spokes were rusted through and rims were kinda the same condition.

Before:

P_20180907_203341.jpg

P_20180907_203504.jpg

So, I got new wheels made up for it, including a 3spd Nexus rear hub (linked to a custom shifter), Had to stretch the rear dropouts a bit to get it to fit, but it all worked in the end. Installed new bearings and races for the cranks. Swapped the standard fork for a Repop Monarch, new whitewalls (bike like this needs whitewalls, after all) and stole a Brooks saddle off of another $20 find at a more local Fleamarket. Also added on some period looking lights and a butterfly centerstand (for a 20'' bike, but I made it work).

After:

P_20190714_120819.jpg

P_20190609_143141.jpg

Latest posts

Back