Flyer springer fork help please

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Waiting for fed ex, I started prep some of the flyer... I noticed plating inside the hoops so took stripper to it and noticed pink developing... Oh oh... Washed it off to try trop it form working to well fount red hoops w white bands... Not going be able save fully but may be cool rats when done.
1478805538035-898919220.jpg

On the springer I started to break it down, plan drop off parts with Vern's and get some plating done, maybe powder.
1478805566961306340254.jpg

Here is my issue, I broke it down as far as I could logically now I'm left with the what I assume are shoulder bolts connecting the legs to he steer...
Everything else broke free rather easily... These did not budge as I took off nuts inside the fork.
How do these assemble, I'd like replace bushings if are any, there's a bit of slop to the fork side to side I'd like stop.
Thanks for looking and help
I hit stop point before do damage when trying restore

Maybe soak the bolt/area in light oil over a 3-day weekend; maybe one side at a time; maybe do same for the spoke nipples?
Looks like a special oiling hole on the top of the springer legs.

Yes rest broke free easy I'm not trying torque headwear, just unsure how the bolt is seated to the steer crown... Not sure if it's also tapped w threading which I presume unless there was a bushing in the leg..
Thanks for input

Latest posts

Back