Fresh find from Down Under (Trike)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Small update today, I made up the first part of the rear light mounts.
15873404_1236592759760316_393038325182138079_n.jpg

Dont worry I will be hiding all the wire's and mounting bolts behind something. Will start on the front light in the morning if the weather is any good

Yep, everything LED will draw less juice than 1 regular bulb. FWIW I like the fasteners hidden too. Was that wood tongue and grooved?

Carl.

As promised a daylight walk around of the trike so far,

afew tweaks here and there to do with the lights but overall I'm very happy with it so far.

If you haven't figured out how to mount the bed yet, and like the truck bed rail look, here's an idea:

Install T track facing down between the wood boards.
http://www.woodpeck.com/wpttrack.html

If you could rabbit the upper edges of the wood, the T track could sit flush with the bed. Where the bed turns up, you could cut the side walls of the T track, make the appropriate bend. Since the track is countersunk, the cuts won't show, and each track will be a seamless piece top to bottom.

With the track turned facing down, the mounting bolts inserted into the track's slots will not show from above. It will simply look like wood pland separated by thin strips of metal.

Latest posts

Back