Fuji Odessa Mountain bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Another old Mtn. bike from the police auction, picked up 3 years ago.
As bought 3 years ago.jpg

It's been usable since I got it and replaced the wheels with some nice true (but heavy) steel wheels and tires from an old Huffy 10 speed. Yesterday, I found a set of FEMCO alloy rims from an old 10 speed. They are in nice shape, looking forward to a test ride tomorrow.
DSCF7496.JPG
DSCF7493.JPG
DSCF7494.JPG

While I was at it I replaced the plastic brake levers (cracked with only the renforcing wire core intact) with alloy ones and updated the grips.

DSCF7502.JPG
DSCF7506.JPG
DSCF7490.JPG
DSCF7508.JPG
DSCF7511.JPG
DSCF7517.JPG

Anyone familiar with FEMCO wheels? Tried web searches but only read they were used for BMX in the 20" size.

Contrary to what you might assume, Wonder Woman has nothing to do with it the name, it's an acronym for Far East Machine co.

Another old Mtn. bike from the police auction, picked up 3 years ago.
View attachment 136676
It's been usable since I got it and replaced the wheels with some nice true (but heavy) steel wheels and tires from an old Huffy 10 speed. Yesterday, I found a set of FEMCO alloy rims from an old 10 speed. They are in nice shape, looking forward to a test ride tomorrow.
View attachment 136680View attachment 136681View attachment 136682

While I was at it I replaced the plastic brake levers (cracked with only the renforcing wire core intact) with alloy ones and updated the grips.

View attachment 136683View attachment 136684View attachment 136685View attachment 136686View attachment 136687View attachment 136689

You must have a barn full of old mountain bikes

Few more updates.
DSCF7769.JPG

Swapped out the steel kickstand for a vintage alloy one. Also replaced the seat with another inexpensive Amazon model.

found a tiny little bell and a mirror in the stash. Safety first!
DSCF7773.JPG

From my brother's parts stash, a HUGE frame bag. He used to be a big fan of Nashbar.
DSCF7771.JPG

Might as well make it comfortable, one of my favorites in the fleet. :)

Latest posts

Back