Fully

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thing is just so cool, it makes me want to build something from a bike like that, since you can find them in almost every junkyard in Poland :21:

I am the first to admit that this is not the most thrilling full suspension design available to the masses. But I have seen worse. Get one and see what you can do with it. I loved your take on the Ukraina.
It will be probably easier to make as a single speed. A wider rear swingarm would be preferable, I had to compromise tire width.
Also I think a fully frame would look brutal with a leading fork like this:
P1020855klein.jpg

Perhaps we need a full suspension Build Off. With regular class and a Anything goes.
I will be brainstorming on what to do with the stem and handlebars and seat. I do have those fog light which is nice and shiny and I could bolt directly to the stem, but weighs 100 kilos.
Also need cables, have to find the second grip etc.

A drum brake would suit it best, I think. Many old mopeds have similar leading forks. Once I almost got me one, but was not sure I could make the headset work so I passed.
I also tried this concept:
20200228_204505.jpg
20200228_204447.jpg

Unfortunately it didn't quite work. I used a longer bolt and a few washers, but the stem had a noticeable play, so I had to scrap the idea. But the bike would not be rideable with bars so low anyway.

Last edited:
With the shim and threaded to threadless adapter, you've got a lot of potential for slippage in your stem. Is this going to see rough terrain?

Never seen so much effort put in to one of those Next/MGX/Hyper/Break Point/blah/blah/blah f/s bikes.
I do say this build and that green one is probably a better look for it, than it exploding in a ball of fire trying to do anything mountain bikey more than rolling through some grass field. I've been wanting a V2100 for a while now.

The shifter is called "rapidfire shifter" and the model is ST-7S20. It is now discontinued, but still available on the net, used or old new stock.
I don't know much about them, but a good alternative to the grip shifters, especially on short handlebars or when you don't want to cut your grips.

The numbers on the shifter don't change colors. Only 4 is red.

Spike, it doesn't matter how beaten, you need only the frame+swingarm anyway. Your fully has a seat tube a bit lower than mine.
I think I will try to cut the knobbies from the front tire Burt Munro style.

Tonight's update.
I sanded what I could off the stem, will probably finish it. I am however not sure about the orientation up or down:
IMG_20200306_224426.jpg

I changed where the shock attaches to the frame, changed it to the highest point:
IMG_20200306_224518.jpg

I installed the anti rotation washers and this how it looks with the gearing interface and the chain stays:
IMG_20200306_224802.jpg

I want to use the original routing points for the cables:
IMG_20200306_224614.jpg

But I am not sure about these two:
IMG_20200306_224631.jpg

... Because the ends that face each other are tighter, only the naked cable is supposed to run between them. But there might be a solution for this too.

Latest posts

Back