FUNNIEST PART OF THE BUILD OFFS...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It took me a couple of build offs to get over being wrapped up in the voting... I mean it's nice to get some validation, but I know that even though I can get in the top five for views during the build offs (probably cuz I'm always goofin' off) I rarely crack the top ten in the final voting. I'm okay with that now, I just walk out to my garage and look at the group of bikes I own. When it comes down to it, the vote that counts is mine, and I win!

Carl.

Funniest part for me so far is getting into my car and seeing my stereo trying to play this.

20180808_013511.jpg

Yep...I'm sure it's a case of folks inviting friends and family via social media to come vote for their bikes.
ooops:speechless: I think I am guilty of that one.:confused:
I just advertised the finished poster and site details,to let everyone know voting is up...
I have friends wanting to vote nowo_O
One's that I would not expect,as I am the only one here interested in building bicycles.:rolleyes:

So just a heads up. 'It wasn't me':whistle::blush:

A few of us are seeing some fish action by one as we speak. Eh one or two whatever but lol this is pretty funny.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

Just a thought in fact I think I've suggested it before. Why don't you just not allow new members durring the period of time that voting is taking place? I mean yea folks could then do it before the voting but I'd be willing to bet quite a bit less.

I thought about that the other day as well.

I normally get 3-4 new members a day when there is no voting so it's hard to say who would be registering just to vote or not.

The folks who didn't know anything about the voting would get annoyed by having to wait...especially if they were registering to buy something from a member.

This is just nuts. I would not even consider asking anyone to vote for my build and would not vote for my own. I Know this is all in fun but Really?? does it make you feel warm and fuzzy all over with more votes asking friends and family? I personally just don't understand it but whatever floats there boat, I will just go build and enjoy them myself and maybe pop them up on my Instagram if I feel like it.

Iduno do you annoy a few or do you change it so that it's more fair for folks that take the build off seriously. I get your point Steve I'm just thinking out loud.
I thought about that the other day as well.

I normally get 3-4 new members a day when there is no voting so it's hard to say who would be registering just to vote or not.

The folks who didn't know anything about the voting would get annoyed by having to wait...especially if they were registering to buy something from a member.

In all honesty my son has been away so I was a vote down... leaving the total of all family and non builder friends voting here at 0. Didn't we try a builder only voting thread once? I don't recall how well that worked out...

Carl.

Votes are votes,it does not matter. If people want to sign up to become a member,wait to be confirmed and vote,so be it... Just because you showed the way does not mean they vote for yr bike... As once you scroll down and look at the pics,I believe you will find they will vote for what ever attracts them...(bit like a crow to something shiney) oooooohhhhh! look a chicken...

I didn't vote for myself because it just didn't feel. ....right. I kinda assumed only builders only could vote. And I refer to myself as a crow Funkme,I'm always bringing shiny stuff home to my nest. Anyways, this site seems to have a large percentage of good people that love bikes

Latest posts

Back