gac folding bike restomod maybe? fate unknown lol

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
well this is my next project i have decided to start building this seriously dilapidated and damaged gac folding bicycle.
my friend found it ata church yard sale for 2 dollars and she bought it and gave it to me with the understanding i keep her posted on the work i do.
so with that being said and done i begin the process.
with this folder i am inspired and my memory brings back kingfish254 fugsley build which gives me inspiration to build this thing up.
it is tiny i took a photo next to beastern so you can see the size difference.
forks are mashed pretty good and their backwards in the picture.
this thing needs some attention for sure.
not really sure where i am going but im considering fat tire for sure
maybe apes and a bigger seatpost
it's a quirky lil bike fro what i gathered in research and thanks to wildcat these bikes were made in spain in the 70's and 80's and the company is no more so finding parts may be tough as it seems to be very scarce these parts.
nonetheless here is the beginning phase and pictures of as found of the bike.
DSCF1413.JPG

folds up still but is very rusty i will have to oil it up
DSCF1409.JPG

as she was found
20273092_2030061530561858_1894095746_o.jpg

this si the decal on the seat post the the headbanger reads gac special not sure what it al means any input would be appreciated
DSCF1407.JPG

more updates soon

got the wheels off and forks off these forks are roached!!!!!! their bent at the crown though nd i do not see any cracks so i may be able to straighten them but id rather replace them them loose bearings will be replaced with ring bearings i hate those loose bearings some progress but needed to rest so thats all for today
DSCF1416.JPG
ugh i hate these bearings i will be swapping them out
DSCF1415.JPG

got her
DSCF1418.JPG
all back together was able to get the forks straight again and i cannibalized a kids bike for the headset bearings now i need to decide if i want to keep the original tires or change them out
DSCF1426.JPG

poor lil bike never saw it coming she gave her life for a good cause
DSCF1425.JPG

this is why i salvage these junk bikes small usable parts like these
DSCF1424.JPG
bearings fit perfectly
DSCF1423.JPG

next step cleaning the bearings and cups and regreasing everything then off to the bottom bracket and see what it looks like more updates soon

Latest posts

Back