Gcrank1 has learned how to do pics!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
'Old dog, new tricks' & all that........
I had to find out what all the rave is about 'stretch cruisers'; and I had to do it without breaking the bank! Being 6'1" x 205ish#s I wanted more than most cruisers offer, though my GT Dyno Deuce with a setback seatpost is a pretty good fit in its 'StreetFighter' guise. I have been following the posts about the Basman 346 with envy; I love the look and would expect it to be a permanent addition to the Museum of Modern Art.
Enter: My new Micargi 'Royal' in Candy Apple Red powdercoat and 68s spoke radial laced 24s, c/w 3" flame tires. Stock sprockets are 44/22, to low for my tastes, so I switched right away to a 19, then an 18 rear. The 'torpedo' grips and Bontrager saddle I had go together so well that I switched out the 'crash rail' saddle it came with, and the Dyno Moon bars are just the right reach.
Its a real nice ride!

S1052073.jpg

S1052072.jpg

Where it started a few years ago: To 'recapture' the bike of my youth' came this (now modded a bit) 1972 BSA Sports, now 'Pubman'. Originally a typical English 3 spd, its now a Sturmey Archer sgl. spd. coaster brake hub. Schwalbe 'Cremes' have been added since this pic last fall.

S1051977.jpg

'Morph' the GravityBike, Mk I. Ive since dropped the crank and added lift weights to give me a total of 68# and relocated footpegs to the rear. Best run so far is an honest 45mph+.

S1052016.jpg

Morph, MkIII (5-13-12)
S1052075.jpg

Thanx!
Like you told me, posting pics isnt so bad, I was just having a hard time getting my developed film loaded into the computer drive slot and trying to figure how PhotoBucket could receive them....... :wink:
Actually though, the instructions on this forum got me through it, the only problem was doing my sign-on verify with PB, the one that asks you to read some jumble and type it back so they know you arent an automated thingie.
I'll have to thin the herd now, so pics will be upcoming on the For Sale Forum of my 'expendables'.

Latest posts

Back