G'day from Victoria, Australia

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi All,

Probably jumped the gun a little and posted in a couple of other threads first (how can you not as there is some great work going on here!!). Have always grown up with bikes and after a recent incident and quite a bit of rehab with my leg it led me back into bikes again as bike riding was an integeral part of the rehab as I have only just been able to bend my leg more than 90 degrees.

Anyway getting sidetracked again which is not hard for me to do but a couple of months ago I bought an old 20" single speed dragster style that needed a bit of TLC so did a quick refurbishment on it which led to buying a few others and now is probably a bit of an addiction. So now I have 8 bikes of different styles including a racer that is still in fairly good condition that I got as a birthday present off my parents 30 years ago. About 4 weeks ago I did a 4,000km round trip to pick up a new bike (well to me anyway) from Brisbane and am loving riding it around but probably spend more time stopped talking to people about it!!

Some of you may have seen it before as it originally started off all black and then changed to blue highlights but I reckon it looks better now as it sits in orange..... I am now hoping to build up a custom bike for myself as I have got some plans on paper but need to dust up on some welding skills first as the work on here is inspiring me to do so before I commence. The stuff that I have seen so far is nothing less than fantastic.

Would love to sit here and write/chat some more but have got too many other threads to check out

Cheers
Sean

Welcome aboard Paper Puncher!
Great to have another Aussie Victorian in the mix.

Progressed up to 8 bikes in just a couple of months? Sounds like you found the right place to come and play here on RRB...

Say it with us: "My name is ____ and I am a bicycle addict!" :cool2:

Luke.

Thanks Luke, I did briefly get up to 10 bikes as had to buy 3 to get the one that I wanted! Luckily there was a small girls Mongoose so I gave that to my niece as her dad (my brother) has a bit of a collection of old school Mongoose BMX's and Kos Cruisers but she is only 3 months old. The other bike I just gave away to one of the local kids.

I don't think that I am at the stage of having to got to any Bicycle Addicts meetings just yet :wink1:

Welcome aboard from another Melburnian, and don't worry, we'll see you at a RRBA meeting soon enough.
Which part of Melb?... I'm way down south east.

Thanks OzBroz, yep I am out in that general direction as well. Looking to go for a couple of leisurely cruises along the foreshores (Mordialloc through to Port Melbourne) over the summer for a lazy Sat/Sun brunch - but not that full distance at once!! Just looking around for another beach cruiser atm for my partner so that she can come along as well as she wants to leave her MTB at home.

Think it could be time to get me own thread up of some of the bikes that I now have as another one has been added which does not include the two (his/hers) beach cruisers that I got a few weeks ago as well ;)

As we are limited to only seeing bikes with cool frames unlike those of you in the USA and very rarely come up for sale, I have been looking for something a bit different to do an inspired livery theme of my all time favourite racing liveries - Gulf Racing. I have even thought of buying something from the US and getting it shipped to any of my partners family in NY and then work out how to get it from there later or leave it for when we visit!!!

Any how I seen this one and although it is a normal road bike (and was used in triathlons) I knew I had to have it as it was different to others that I have been looking at.

Yep the wheels got me 12H(F) & 16H(R) carbon fibre spokes which I reckon will fit the theme just right and add that racy feel for what I want to do. Don't worry though I still have a bike on the backburner that will be customised/built but I want to have all of the parts before starting it!!

Latest posts

Back