Generic cruiser find (you decide what to do)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi ho! Came across this spraycanned single-speed cruiser yesterday. Picked it up since it's in generally decent condition and it was dirt cheap, it also had a few features that I found interesting. On the train ride home I was actually approached by a guy who wanted to buy it for twice what I paid, but I declined, as I think this is gonna be a cool project.
20170115_142331.jpg
Really, really bad silver paint job. Loose rear wheel.
20170115_142402.jpg

Mounting brackets for a sign! That's gonna be pretty cool.
20170114_164233.jpg

Classic stem, but with 2 bolts. I'm gonna look for more of these, cus this will save me so much hassle trying to get 22mm bars with 25mm shims into classic stems.

Not 100% sure about where to go with it. I'll either make a classic cruiser, a musclebike with bananaseat and apes, or a delivery-style bike. I'm open to suggestions here, so bring it on.

When I looked at it I envisioned a laid back seat post and 26" bent springer forks on it. It looks like you could get a wider tire on the back too.

When I looked at it I envisioned a laid back seat post and 26" bent springer forks on it. It looks like you could get a wider tire on the back too.
Yeah, plenty of room back there:) I thought about the springer too, maybe paired with apes and bananaseat, go in a lowrider-direction.

I like the sign mounts. And that's rad it has cantis up front. I'd probably go delevery/ round town hauler. A wald 157 or 139 basket up front with a custom sign in the tank spot. Possibly three speed it... cool canvas

I like the sign mounts. And that's rad it has cantis up front. I'd probably go delevery/ round town hauler. A wald 157 or 139 basket up front with a custom sign in the tank spot. Possibly three speed it... cool canvas
Yeah, you can't sell bikes in the EU without front bakes, so anything that doesnt have disc brakes has cantilevers:D I think that if I go delivery, it would be mostly for looks. It's a aluminium frame (I think) and doesn't feel very sturdy at all. Maybe with just the front basket, but it would have to be a small one, I won't put a rear one on there. Maybe the electra wooden basket, and match the sign to the wood in that..:39:

Just took apart the rear wheel to find the source of the wobble. Just a loose locknut on the left side. Now it's in tip-top condition technically speaking. I'll strip it completely this week, wash it all and prep for paint. I am thinking copperbrown with chrome/silver details and brown leather if I am going for a delivery-style. Color suggestions welcome tho!

Looks like a huffy and a good base for whatever you decide to build out of it.

Heres the frame next to an electra cruiser lux. Really hard to take a photo like that, but its noticeably smaller.
877b95f6fae3aee93045fc51114fc226.jpg

Last edited:
Rims painted
91853368a169fa4927c032750cd2ee15.jpg

Quite happy with it, but it all turned out way shinier and redder than expected.

I love it!!
300e176f8b438f76ccfc918b5b495d64.jpg

OK SO! I realize I went alittle off script here. This is far from the bike I envisioned when I started.
I will still add a sign, and maybe a black front basket, I am not sure. But I am sure that I absolutely love this bike. I learned lots from building it! I had a hard time taking it apart, but putting it back together was a breeze. I actually pushed out the lock-pin in the chain when taking it off, had a real hard time getting that back together.The rattle-can paint job is great, but I do wish I had sanded it more before painting, and I managed to nick the paint just a little when rebuilding.
The chain guard turned out terrible after painting, and that was just as well, it was in bad shape anyway.
The parts I added:
Layback seatpost I had laying around
left-over black electra cruiser pedals
2,35" balloon tires hand-me-downs from my cruiser lux
electra all-black cruiser seat
some tall apes I had intended for my ghostrider, but they didn't really fit.
Ruff Cycles foam and suede leather grips.

I didn't really spend any money on this, except for the bike itself and the paint. But even if I factor in the parts I already had, I am sure I could sell it for a profit. But I won't:p

Last edited:
Looking good, those are some tall apes. Banana seat would be awesome if you find one to try out.
Hehe, these are my go-to apes. Fit me perfectly on most bikes, so I try to keep a spare one laying around:D They're really not that tall once you get on the bike tho.
Yeah, banana-seat.. I've got one on order, probably gonna be a few weeks tho. Not sure if I will use it on this, but gonna try it out atleast. Meanwhile I'll install a new krank and rear sprocket, a bmx stem and make the sign. And maybe install a basket..

Latest posts

Back