Gichigami Growler Grabber - Finished!!! Pic on page 8

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fire bolt frame is a beauty, best tyre I've had to date was 26x2.3 Crazy Bob. They look way bigger than they are and have a cool skate park tread block pattern. I'd stick a pair on Indecision if I had a few more readies to spend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks @Uncle Fide , Unfortunately you can barely fit 2.125 tires on firebolt frames. The rims have to be true too, as there is only about a paper width on each side after installing them.

Thanks @Uncle Fide , Unfortunately you can barely fit 2.125 tires on firebolt frames. The rims have to be true too, as there is only about a paper width on each side after installing them.

Squeezed them into mine and my rims were bent. Straightened them by eye! :crazy: It's in my sig...

I like your plan and the name is great. Heard about all the micro breweries up there Wow!

Think I saw a picture of yours at Lake Superior on Weather Nation, what that you?

Looking forward to seeing what you decide for the build

Decided to use the Firebolt Frame officially.
The weather has absolutely sucked around here lately. I am itching to lay down some paint and get this project rolling!

Picked up some bright blue and silver metallic paint.

Not much progress, but the BMX fork came today and I have to say that I'm liking the aggressive look the fork gives the firebolt frame with the Kenda Small Block 8's.

10376834_10152859419814815_7787894795051547182_n.jpg

Not much progress, but the BMX fork came today and I have to say that I'm liking the aggressive look the fork gives the firebolt frame with the Kenda Small Block 8's.

10376834_10152859419814815_7787894795051547182_n.jpg
Dude you could put seat, bars and crank on that right now, call it done and have a great lookin bike!

Sweeeeet but this talk of "Growlers" is confusing to this Englishman, check what I've pointed out in Kim_Dude's thread for the reason! :)

That makes me like this build name ever better! :p

Dude you could put seat, bars and crank on that right now, call it done and have a great lookin bike!

Thanks man, I am going to try cleaning up the frame, painting a couple layers of silver over it, then bright blue, then patinia-ing it.

Or, I might have it powdercoated charcoal. Not sure if I want a ratty or clean look but am going to try the patina'd look first and if I don't like it, it will go in for powder.

Latest posts

Back