girls rat rod bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:crazy:
I dunno if she'is a rat, a Dbs sport 1962 apx i "polish her with steel wool to find some paint & crome...........

I wish i could see this pic. I have a dbs kombi lux and i love it. You dont see many of these norweigian bikes here in the states. High quality bikes though

I am planning to strip this 40's 24" Hawthorne with original parts & yellow housepaint. I grew up on a Minn. farm, and this was my cousins' farm ride. The Rat plan is new DB DT spokes and red alloy nipples, front and back. 3-spd sturmey SC3 with new chrome on the rims ($$$$$$). I will leave the housepaint intact or maybe get down to the original Blue underneath....some day.
b550b351-bae2-4606-82b5-db9beda102d6_zps456c5ce2.jpg

Going to peruse this thread for a while I am.
Been hauling this woman's 57 Schwinn Spitfire 24 incher around for a while and parting it out.....Now, instead of trading or selling it... I'm getting some good ideas...
Amazing talented folks...best bike threads on the net.:praise:
uh oh, maybe I'd better hang on to the crankset before it sells...naw...just mod it with something 'cooler' ;)
Franco
spitfire.jpg

I wish I had a before pic of this one. Whew. it was my daily rider for a couple of years...and, hey, I don't mind riding girls bikes...I prefer to call them..ummm..step throughs. ha.

Anyway, it was a beat old no name Mt. bike, covered with white housepaint and rust upon rust everywhere. Converted it to a single speed and man, I don't know what I did right, but the gearing is perfect. Almost sad to say , it's the best 'riding bike in my rather small collection.
So, I just got into it one day and made it into the "Florida Girl", and passed it to my gal. :happy:
Not a rat, but maybe an honorable mention. lol.
Oh, one cool thing, it had an old old Persons seat on it which I sold on e bay for 30 bucks. & only paid 5 dollars for the original 'beater'

Franco
FG_2b.jpg

Soon to be made rideable for my grand daughter. Hope she doesn't make me paint it! I love the patina. Not sure who put the custom chopper mod to it, but the rest appears mostly original. Western Flyer made in Belgium.

Soon to be made rideable for my grand daughter. Hope she doesn't make me paint it! I love the patina. Not sure who put the custom chopper mod to it, but the rest appears mostly original. Western Flyer made in Belgium.

Whoa!...never saw anything like that before...but then again, I didn't really 'see' bikes until I stumbled onto this great Site. now I crane my neck...not to look at hot girls anymore..(.well, there's a direct lie) lol....but honestly... more to check out what bikes people are riding.....Ha......
NOW is that a front tyre, or is it a wheel off of a shopping buggy.

I like it though
Franco

Whoa!...never saw anything like that before...but then again, I didn't really 'see' bikes until I stumbled onto this great Site. now I crane my neck...not to look at hot girls anymore..(.well, there's a direct lie) lol....but honestly... more to check out what bikes people are riding.....Ha......
NOW is that a front tyre, or is it a wheel off of a shopping buggy.

I like it though
Franco

I think it is a tricycle wheel but not sure. This is the way I found it. Probably some kids chopper build attempt many years back.

jT8vs4h.jpg

Also this one ...I ended up putting a red chain on it that looks awesome. The flashlight was $5 from a local flea market.

I like that chain guard...is it integrated into the seat stay tube? sure looks like it....Cool Bike. ;)

I wish they never named these "girls" frames. The step through frame makes a lot of sense. Maybe they aren't as strong as "boys" frames but these bikes certainly look sharp. Plus they are a little more friendly on the family jewels

That's for sure Cuz. I always preferred to ride so called 'ladies' bikes....even when I was younger...just the ease of getting on and off. Now, I got me a cheapo but capable welder, ,and ready to cut and assemble long bike...Man, you better have a step thru frame when hauling a heavy ... load on a cargo bike , it'd be a hassle trying to step over a 'mans' frame.....especially if you're in traffic....

F R A N C O

image.jpeg image.jpeg Not sure if it is considered a rat-rod, but I just got done with my first bike rebuild, and I am happy with it! The kids wanted to go for bike rides all together, so here is my new cruiser!
The lace I used was from my late grandma's collection of sewing supplies.

1939 Columbia Westfield Super Deluxe
[All Original outside '36-'39 Elgin Skirts, Temporary Replacement Chain-Ring where the original was fit for a Special Style chain and in accordance with that, Temporary Replacement 60's Wheels until the Original rear is cleaned up and the Model D is re-greased and Packed. Front wheel couldn't be saved :( ]

Latest posts

Back