GOOD NIGHT NURSE! -- FORT WORTH BIKE SALE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GOOD NIGHT NURSE! -- SALE OF ALL SALES

WOW, looks awesome! :D A Manta-Ray, Apple Krate, and a bunch of Sting-Ray's in a truck...AWESOME :mrgreen:

Rat Rod said:
What's funny is...most folks into old bikes look at those photos and think...I bet all the nice shiny ones are all gone.

The crowd from this forum is thinking...man..LOOK AT ALL THAT PATINA! :lol: :lol:

Rat Rodders have a clear advantage here. :wink:

Those statements ring so true !
Long live the rat!!

Wow, so many nice scores, and at reasonable prices too.
I would have loved to have been there.
I like the idea of 2 bikes at a time. It prevents hogging.

I loved seeing the guy in the first video walking by with about 10 sets of apes on his back. Way cool!!!

From seeing a tag in a picture, I think it said that the Apple Krate was $185 :)

I saw a white pearl manta ray for $400 bucks, didn't see the other ones. Stingrays $60-400, lots of $60-100 bikes

I think me an tuga were the worst ones to be at this event.

We've both had so many stinkin' bikes come through our hands that nothing excites us anymore. :lol:

You really had to watch yourself because it was easy to buy a bunch of stuff which seemed like a good deal, but in reality, it would either require a bunch of work or lots more money thrown at it to make it worth while.

I just dropped a big chunk of change on these shirts I just ordered so it was easy to control myself. :lol:

I am sure that the t-shirt investment wil pay off. Now that I saw the blue, I might even get two.

So true haha, there was a couple of these one complete and one missing some parts for $20 bucks and I left them there :shock:

1981_schwinn_tornado_1_blowup.jpg

I saw someone carrying one of those out too.

The one that I sort of regret not buying was the coppertone Fastback up on the bike stand.

It was missing the seat and the rear wheel, but everything else was there and in fairly nice shape and they wanted $100 for it.

I know I could have sold the 5 speed shifter for that much.

What's also bad is sitting here this evening thinking about the bikes that I saw that I passed on that were cheap! :?

I heard that ATM down the street calling, but I was able to resist, resist, resist... probably cost me quite a bit of opportunity!

Oh well, water under that bridge!

I walked away with $4.00 and can't believe that I left at least 2 zip loc bags of parts, that I could have had.... :( dumb!

Here's a quick snapshot of my haul before I tried to load it all in my Jeep:
haul.jpg

Teens Iver Johnson motobike with nice Mesinger saddle (on its side): $100
60s Huffy Tandem, no rear wheel or handlebars or pedals but awesome frame: $20
Postwar DX Frame $20
Prewar Colson Cruiser $100
Misc. Prewar patina monster: $20
Sears Spaceliner with Springer, all spray painted pink: $20
Misc. 20s motobike carcass: $20
Batmobile Power Wheels: $30
Lots of wheels, parts etc. for one to five bucks each.

Best bike event I've ever been to. Period.

Let's see a picture of all this stuff -on- your Jeep. :p

creebobby said:
Here's a quick snapshot of my haul before I tried to load it all in my Jeep:
haul.jpg

Best bike event I've ever been to. Period.

GOOD NIGHT NURSE! -- SALE OF ALL SALES

I seriously considered the Wienermobile for $60, but then I figured I'd hate to ship it and i think I've seen them sell for $100.

Latest posts

Back