BO15 Grammaw Patina Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great yard, shed, and perfect starting point for Grammaw!

Hey guys: So, I’ve been looking for a new set of black cruiser wheels for Grammaw.

I was shooting for a delivered price at $150 or less..... I’m not having a lot of luck!!!!

I found this in the neighborhood trash yesterday. I’m sure it’s a big-box bike at best.

The wheels seem pretty true and spin without noise.

I’m not wild about painting as it’s a total pain.

Anyone know if these “city cruiser” wheels are worth painting and using?
832980E7-17C7-44EC-A9D9-FED5F197760C.jpeg

I also had to get the back of my house in order for summer. I had 2 cruddy storage bins that just weren’t doing it anymore. I scored a shed, threw down some pavers and put my son to work assembling this jigsaw puzzle of a shedView attachment 122418View attachment 122419View attachment 122420

hey, so talk to me about this little shed... where did you get it? how big is it? it's hard to get a sense of scale from the pictures. fairly easy to put together?

We currently have a shed attached to the side of the garage. It's long and narrow with a door at each end. One end is mostly my bike junk and the other end is mostly her garden junk. I'd like to build something like you have there either to hide more bike stuff or to put her garden stuff in so I can take over the existing shed... :rofl:

hey, so talk to me about this little shed... where did you get it? how big is it? it's hard to get a sense of scale from the pictures. fairly easy to put together?

We currently have a shed attached to the side of the garage. It's long and narrow with a door at each end. One end is mostly my bike junk and the other end is mostly her garden junk. I'd like to build something like you have there either to hide more bike stuff or to put her garden stuff in so I can take over the existing shed... :rofl:
Ha-Ha!!! Thanks @ParkRNDL !!

So, the shed is epic!!!! I looked for a shed a few years ago and it seemed like everything I looked at was going to be $2000-$3000 by the time I was done.

I stumbled across this thing online for $537!!! The reviews were above average, but not great!!!! I figured I’d take a chance!!

I got it at Lowe’s and it’s a 6’ X 8’ vinyl shed. It’s a “keter manor, large” and was a special order and took about a week to get in for store pick up.

If you don’t have it shipped to your house you will need a truck to pick it up, however, the shed n skid all in, the thing only weighs like 200 pounds.

The shed is a TOTAL jigsaw puzzle, enter my computer engineering major son... and it’s a snap! lol

As the shed comes with a floor, I do have a weekend and about $150 extra into gravel and pavers for the shed’s foundation.

Beware, the shed’s parts are VERY snugly engineered and if I had not taken the time to put in the level foundation, assembly would have been a nightmare, if not impossible.

As I took the time to put in the leveled, paver base, the assembly although complicated, was not horrible. Putting on the roof was a bit awkward but we figured it out. Like I said, my 18 year old kid did 90% of the work and I just spotted him when he needed an extra hand.

The roof looks a little chintzy and did have some damage when I unboxed it. For $500, I wasn’t going to mess with a return.

For a spiffy in a jiffy, I’d HIGHLY recommend this thing!!!!

Here it is mostly done; I still need to add my landscaping and move in and sort out a few more pieces.
11FA6F61-4D20-4E65-99BE-3DD1CF12956A.jpeg
9CA76D68-9967-4A5E-B082-E3FF86391454.jpeg
17DF426E-7EF4-4D97-ADE2-DE6121F2729F.jpeg

Ha-Ha!!! Thanks @ParkRNDL !!

So, the shed is epic!!!! I looked for a shed a few years ago and it seemed like everything I looked at was going to be $2000-$3000 by the time I was done.

I stumbled across this thing online for $537!!! The reviews were above average, but not great!!!! I figured I’d take a chance!!

I got it at Lowe’s and it’s a 6’ X 8’ vinyl shed. It’s a “keter manor, large” and was a special order and took about a week to get in for store pick up.

If you don’t have it shipped to your house you will need a truck to pick it up, however, the shed n skid all in, the thing only weighs like 200 pounds.

The shed is a TOTAL jigsaw puzzle, enter my computer engineering major son... and it’s a snap! lol

As the shed comes with a floor, I do have a weekend and about $150 extra into gravel and pavers for the shed’s foundation.

Beware, the shed’s parts are VERY snugly engineered and if I had not taken the time to put in the level foundation, assembly would have been a nightmare, if not impossible.

As I took the time to put in the leveled, paver base, the assembly although complicated, was not horrible. Putting on the roof was a bit awkward but we figured it out. Like I said, my 18 year old kid did 90% of the work and I just spotted him when he needed an extra hand.

The roof looks a little chintzy and did have some damage when I unboxed it. For $500, I wasn’t going to mess with a return.

For a spiffy in a jiffy, I’d HIGHLY recommend this thing!!!!

Here it is mostly done; I still need to add my landscaping and move in and sort out a few more pieces.
View attachment 123799View attachment 123800View attachment 123801
Yeah, I am finding the same thing about shed prices. I really like the idea of a little kit like that. I have just the spot around back by our heat pump. But I would probably need to have someone come in and level the ground there, especially hearing that it's crucial to the assembly process.

How many bikes do you think it would fit? Or is it better suited to garden storage?

ive used cheap wheels off bikes like that several times. as long as you arent planning to curb hob and dont mind rebuilding/greasing the hubs they hold up fine. my prefrence is huffy good vibrations to rob for wheels but one of my bikes has some cheapies off a next and its been fine

Yeah, I am finding the same thing about shed prices. I really like the idea of a little kit like that. I have just the spot around back by our heat pump. But I would probably need to have someone come in and level the ground there, especially hearing that it's crucial to the assembly process.

How many bikes do you think it would fit? Or is it better suited to garden storage?
It depends on how tight you want to pack them and if you want to stack them. If there’s nothing else in there, 5 bikes easy.

No rubbing, pretty easy to get in and out.

If u want to pack and stack and play Jenga, I’m guessing 10-15 depending on the size of bike, handle bars, etc.

ive used cheap wheels off bikes like that several times. as long as you arent planning to curb hob and dont mind rebuilding/greasing the hubs they hold up fine. my prefrence is huffy good vibrations to rob for wheels but one of my bikes has some cheapies off a next and its been fine
Thanks! I was definitely going to disassemble and regrease!!!

So, good news is, the bike came apart pretty easy. Minimal blood, sweat and cursing!!!!!

Bad news is, with everyone home, (4 kids n wifey) I got a FULL house and lost a few of my work spaces. I broke this down in my backyard

There’s an old kz650 in pieces under the tarp to the left. Junk n grass everywhere else!!!!

4A897814-D67C-4B2C-A274-CF2FC7DE87B8.jpeg

Just finished a super scrub.

I’m not sure if I cleaned it or just spread a bunch of grease around!!!

I’m still on the fence on the bars and front rack, so no rust removal.

Just cleaned.

I guess I straightened a fender brace and pounded a few dents out of the rear fender, but really just cleaned this thing and got it to square one.
28614ACE-08B2-4B07-BC1F-9C2A362ABEFE.jpeg
27A21985-ECB4-44D4-BE3C-E154C4B80523.jpeg
5EAD8E3A-0908-4875-95C2-1EBD9B53FE25.jpeg

Latest posts

Back