Gravity racer - Calling all daredevils!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here's the deal...
gravity-bike.jpg

Build one of these http://www.instructables.com/id/Gravity-Bike/ using an existing bike or from scratch. 20" wheels only.

Make it ratty and stylish as you can BUT you must post a video or photo proving you rode it using gravity only at a speed of over 35 MPH before September 12 (my birthday.

If there is any interest, I will post up my before photo here and follow with a build. If not, I'll start a regular build thread.

Come on and join me. I double dog dare you!

IM001085%20copia.jpg

20 and under is fine. Don't know much about drift bikes, but if it is under 20 inches and gravity powered, then it should be fine.

35 seems like a fair speed to me, but if you don't have the hills for it, 30 is fine. Lets get as many people as possible in on this.

Who is in?

i have so many 20" parts and nothing to do with them . . .well till now. :mrgreen: to the drawing board!

002 by andrew snyder, on Flickr

001 by andrew snyder, on Flickr

since school is out, i started a mockup. the black will be wood panels, one in the front, and two in the back. possibly a short cafe racer style fender, and really short triple trees. some stuff will be cut off tommorow. :roll: tires and rims are waiting

hahah, but seriously, a double brake setup in rear, and a coaster brake with a chain on front.

well snce i notdealinwith pedals ad cranks

011 by andrew snyder, on Flickr

013 by andrew snyder, on Flickr

018 by andrew snyder, on Flickr

020 by andrew snyder, on Flickr

the knobby tires on the front are goig to go on, and possibly front rims on both sides and just brakes in the back. would have to go over bars at this level. bare metal is looking pretty good from here

pegs from the cheezy board tracker that never got used. well now they will.

024 by andrew snyder, on Flickr

027 by andrew snyder, on Flickr

drag bars. color will definately be bare metal, and you'll see all the different metals. chrome, steel, zink, i have some brass to :wink:

MiniMe said:
slow............. ive done 45 on my mountian bike.
WOW!.With knobby tires? :shock: ..Clocked?

010 by andrew snyder, on Flickr

hope to get the rest of the paint off tonight. then its time for parts. bolts for plates, wedge for bars, cut seatpost,drill holes for second non pivot bolt, strip paint, sand and paint boards, mount flag. :| wow. and it doesnt even have a chain

Latest posts

Back