Had to show you guys this killer cool Quad bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have seen this picture floating around Facebook for a while and finally found out where it came from!

999709_391407407629561_844285893_n.jpg

It is the Contes Engineering Athos Gen2 Sand and Snow quad. $6,885 worth of pure awesome!

MOUNTAIN/SAND & SNOW QUAD SPECS
Weighs in at 78lbs!
Selective Locking Differential
Dual Hydraulic 203mm disc brakes front and rear (4 disks total)
Fully Independent suspension with 9 inch travel, unequal length control arms front and rear
Air Spring Dampers
11-Speed Planetary NuVincy hub

Also fully adjustable suspension alignment capability, including camber, caster & toe–allowing the rider to set Athos up for long, straight rides or specific to a track or course.

http://www.contesengineering.com/athos.html

Needless to say I would love to shred the living crud out of this thing! Now if I only had $7,000 to play with. :cry:

RichL said:
Definitely cool. I'd love to see some closeups of some of the suspension.

Rich
They have plenty of close ups on their site in the gallery. Take a look, The welds and engineering look amazing!

Where does the motor go? You mean you have to pedal that heavy thing? :shock: Not me man. I'll take the $6800 and find fun elsewhere. Gary

B607 said:
Where does the motor go? You mean you have to pedal that heavy thing? :shock: Not me man. I'll take the $6800 and find fun elsewhere. Gary
That's a downhill bike thingy!

While the price is steep, that is not really the point, it cool technology! Not as many pics as i was hoping for, but they are pretty upfront on the components they are using and the way it is going together 8) i have been wanting to do a quad for sometime, this is good inspiration. :mrgreen:

Rich

Kind of reminds me of the Hannebrink ET. Heavy, Expensive and not good on climbing or singletrack..

Respect to the engineering though. Seems like it could be successful at a DH resort

I agree, it is a bit much to spend for something that you still have to pedal but the engineering and techniques they used to build this thing are awesome, almost over engineered. I'd love to give one a test ride but for that kind of money I could get a Quad with 500cc and 4WD. I just looked and I could actually buy 2 and still have almost a grand left for gas!

EDIT: Just had a bit of a brain fart, I wonder if it would be possible to run another chain forward from the crank to a second gearbox with locking differential and axle shafts like in the rear and actually make it functional 4WD :idea: :?: :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back