Harlequin T - FINI (or not)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't leave it alone lookin' all jacked...
KIMG0604.JPG

This is much better, cut down with a clean elbow at the bottom. Polished somewhat and cocked at a jaunty angle, ;) and room to do a guard if I find something that will work.

Carl.

The single pipe looks a little bulky w/that frame. Maybe 3 smaller pipes running from a baffle, on each side? Less hot rod more oddrodd, think organ pipes. Go straight up Munster mobile with this one. Los Straitjackets does an awesome version of the Munster's theme, you could cruise around blaring it, I would.

Last edited:
The single pipe looks a little bulky w/that frame. Maybe 3 smaller pipes running from a baffle, on each side? Less hot rod more oddrodd, think organ pipes. Go straight up Munster mobile with this one. Los Straitjackets does an awesome version of the Munster's theme, you could cruise around blaring it, I would.
But what would the reason be for all the pipes? It's a sound tube that mimics an exhaust. I like the ideas for horizontal side pipes but can't use the front BB so no. Same with organ pipes, the right side is the speaker in, left side speaker out. I think multiple pipes would be even more bulky. I actually like the single clean tube, more reminiscent of a motorcycle exhaust. This tube may need a bit more reduction but I hesitate until I have a baffle in hand. It's lightweight aluminum so no problem there... ISO baffle now, and on to the paint for the chain guard.

Carl.

sent from a banana phone...

It's got the paprika under and the teal, ready for black. Then the white diamonds, then scuff the teal to show some paprika on the raised center stripe.
KIMG0608.JPG
I'm hoping to add some diamonds to the bike in a few places. We'll see how tough the masking is...

Carl.

Can't leave it alone lookin' all jacked...
View attachment 47248
This is much better, cut down with a clean elbow at the bottom. Polished somewhat and cocked at a jaunty angle, ;) and room to do a guard if I find something that will work.

Carl.
I like it better this way. I was wondering what it would look like if you added one more elbow to bring it behind the seat back and then straight up? Sound would be centered behind your head for ....st-ear-eo sound. *oof*

I like it better this way. I was wondering what it would look like if you added one more elbow to bring it behind the seat back and then straight up? Sound would be centered behind your head for ....st-ear-eo sound. *oof*
I actually played with that idea. Those are plumbing parts at the elbow, and after a couple turns it was like "Hey dude, where's the sink?" and that is the last thing I want is to look like plumbing... but the little chrome elbow at the bottom is ok and the retaining nut is the same diameter as the tube. So now it's the search for a baffle, and waiting for paint to dry. o_O

KIMG0612[1].jpg

Carl.

Last edited:
That is looking fantastic!
And you say you've got a working horn now...?
Dude.
Yes I do! An ear piercing electronic thing that cycles through all the typical digital siren sounds. I really would have wanted a good beep-beep, but this horn is loud enough for drivers in cars to hear and that's a plus on this low cruiser.

Carl.

You know what Carl? I barely even noticed the 'sound exhaust' pipe. Blends in really well. Looks like it belongs. Like a good drummer; he fits in so well you don't notice him. Until he's not there.

Got some diamonds laid out
cguard2.jpg

now for some white...

Carl.

Last edited:
Oh you guys...:confused:
Ok next video will have sound, we'll see if we can get the tunes goin' and hear the horn too. ;)
I'm working on my chain guard and finishing details, but I doubt I get the tank done before the deadline...

Carl.

Oops....
cguard4.jpg

I scratched it. Looks even better in person (after I waxed itl) As soon as I get this guard on it's pretty much done. We'll see about a few details I'd love to pull off, but I've been riding it as is for a couple weeks.

Carl.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back