Harlequin T - FINI (or not)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks @OddJob, work continues too. I'm not ever done with a bike or a guitar. There's always more that can be modded. I have a tank on the way and I'm hoping paint and finish can beat the deadline... I also keep shooting pics trying to get some good shots.
KIMG0649.JPG
KIMG0654.JPG
KIMG0655.JPG

I wondering if I can fit these into the build somewhere? Maybe the tank... they're cool, kinda thick too 5/8ths" or so at the curl, 10-24 threads I think, maybe 1/4-20. I'm thinkin' wings out the side of the tank, which will be painted to match the chain guard. Come on postman! Ya' all check out Fat Willy's sale post he's parting out some bikes!

Carl.

My tank came today! (Thanks @Fat Willy) It's gonna fit!
KIMG0661.JPG
KIMG0662.JPG

Missed a couple of pictures/steps but I got it cleaned up and primed. Then I shot a couple coats of paprika.
KIMG0663.JPG
Blue and Black to follow. Add some white diamonds and then weather, more to come. Come on paint! Dry!

Carl.

Got the black on.
Rainy day, everything is gonna take longer.
May wait on the diamonds... we'll see.
No need to rush it now.

Carl.

Less rain and slightly warmer coming your way from the northwest. Still not 'prime' (pun intended) painting weather...but it is March in the Midwest.
Like the tank, can't wait to see it mounted!

Ain't rainin' in my garage tho...
KIMG0675.JPG

add a little weathering
KIMG0679.JPG

:eek: not bolted in yet so I stuffed a rag in for a quick mockup shot
KIMG0676.JPG

ran out of acorns so it's off to Menard's after church tomorrow...
KIMG0678.JPG

gotta rub this whole beast out to even it up but it's not too far away from "done" o_O

Guitarl.

I don't get to this site to often. But I stopped by and went through all 21 of your build pages. Needless to say I enjoyed reading every word. GREAT build! I think you might get a kick out of one of my builds. It was one of my most comfortable bikes ever....The last page has the final edition. Again, nice build, I really enjoyed it.

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/chain-of-fools-complete.43906/

I don't get to this site to often. But I stopped by and went through all 21 of your build pages. Needless to say I enjoyed reading every word. GREAT build! I think you might get a kick out of one of my builds. It was one of my most comfortable bikes ever....The last page has the final edition. Again, nice build, I really enjoyed it.

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/chain-of-fools-complete.43906/
Yep kinda cool looking thru that re recumbant build.
I saw an old Colson rear steer tandem and filed it away in the back of my mind. At one point in the original Harlequin Deuce build I was planning a rear steer conversion on the modern tandem I have. After a frame swap and 1 finished - unfinished build off later I have a rear steer cruiser, it was almost a burrito... but I swapped styling a big front tire for a easy to steer and control 20" front wheel setup. I too tried all chain but the rods were also better in operation. Wish you'd have seen it sooner I could've used 1 more vote...lol.

Carl.

Last update before this thread heads to the archives. I've got well over a hundred miles and a thousand smiles on this thing. It rides so well. Some of that may be I'm getting used to it, but I know my youngest likes cruising it too. So I plan on converting the original frame I swapped at the beginning into a single rider too, and evolution continues on this bike. I've found a nice ratty headlight to mount on the center bolt of the front forks, allowing it to turn with the steering. Loved this build off.

Carl.

Sent from my C6743 using Tapatalk

You have the headlight and tail light covered. How about something like this on the side, for safety at night. It's a recessed "closet handle", from a hardware store. It snapped right into the bottom bracket (black). Then added a reflector.
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff182/KOTA777/02.jpg

Latest posts

Back