Has anyone tried to on the CABE lately?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
It seems like the site won't open up at all for me. Is it down for maintenance? Were they hacked again? Or is it a problem with the computer I'm using?

Lol. I like both forums. This is a place where I can get some creative ratty juices flowing and over there I can get all the correct restoration info. I also like their off-topic boards.

I have tried other forums as well but I think they are all klunky, slow, antiquated and harder to use than Ratrodbikes. Besides, you can find the answer or a discussion on any bike related topic here. Old or new American or European, mountain, road, motorized, fat bikes for snow or sand and any style of modification for any of these bikes. I gave up on the others. Ratrodbikes sets the standard for user friendliness and the others will have to catch up before I can be bothered with them. Our administrator and site owner have done an outstanding job.

Last edited:
I agree. RRB is very modern. I have been selling vintage car parts and collectibles over forums for several years. They are all run on the same basic software and look quite dated.

That is really cool! Do you guys ever go out on a bike ride?

This is why I stopped visiting the sight.
http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?18427-I-m-not-in-favor-of-rat-bikes!

Seemed before I found RRB there were quite a few attitudes like that one. Factory refresh/rebuild's were the only thing worth doing. I understand that mindset, been around too many car restorers. The kind that think Henry Ford's way is/was the only way. To each their own, I can see the craftsmanship in both customs and restores and each has it's place. My place is here on RRB!

This comment was particularly entertaining... :21:

Is the lazy way out of restoring a bike. Personally I'm sick of them and the whole 'rat' mentality. But as long as they're doing it to houspainted bike, or bikes that were partially complete or rust buckets to start with, makes it a little easier to stomach. Part of Americas new direction-- lowest common denomiinator thug culture of what the media tells the gullible is 'cool'. The result? Armies of mindless followers opting for the same Bling status symbol of mediocrity. I will however say that I've seen some creative work in the rat realm, but the majority is the usual predictable vintage satin black frame with mixed make vintage parts and then the made in China bling 'add-on' ingredients to top it all off. Some people will go the extra yards to do something exceptional. Any one see Dawalts shaftie? Pretty remarkable. But that's a very small percentage of the rat custom scene... most are pretty >ick< ghetto!

I'm sure that guy just LOVES what I've done to my FloCycle.:21:

Speaking of which...it sure would look cool parked next to this bike. ;)

sk003_small.jpg

http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?18427-I-m-not-in-favor-of-rat-bikes!

Seemed before I found RRB there were quite a few attitudes like that one. Factory refresh/rebuild's were the only thing worth doing. I understand that mindset, been around too many car restorers. The kind that think Henry Ford's way is/was the only way. To each their own, I can see the craftsmanship in both customs and restores and each has it's place. My place is here on RRB!
I keep getting emails saying I am missed at the cabe, but that is the reason I never go there!

Luke.

I keep getting emails saying I am missed at the cabe, but that is the reason I never go there!

Luke.
Haha, I keep getting those emails too. Truthfully, I completely forgot I signed up for the cabe a couple years ago. Since I found RRB, there's been no reason to ever go to the cabe again. RRB'ers don't have the snobby, "how dare you do that to a bike", attitude that I see over there. If I wan't to chop up a silver king, people here would say, "Wow, that took some guts, but the build came out great". The cabe'ers would compare you to the terrorist of isis. (BTW, I would never chop up a silver king, but if I did, RRB members wouldn't want to kill me).

I will come and find you if you destroy a silverking frame by chopping it up. Never do that or you will have me at your door...:aggressive:

image.jpg

They wouldn't like what I did to my 40 ford then. :21::21: I don't really care what they think.....To each his own.:thumbsup:

It seems like the site won't open up at all for me. Is it down for maintenance? Were they hacked again? Or is it a problem with the computer I'm using?

Don't really see the point in Tryin ?

~Rafael~

Cris : you have some Krazy Kool Kars Man !
so how many rides do you have ?...

~Rafael~

Latest posts

Back