hello and my 2 latest dumpster dive finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i have not introduced myself here yet so i will do it this way

Attachments

• beach cruiser moutain bike 001.jpg
    beach cruiser moutain bike 001.jpg
    660.5 KB · Views: 130
  • beach cruiser moutain bike 003.jpg
    beach cruiser moutain bike 003.jpg
    646.7 KB · Views: 135
  • beach cruiser moutain bike 005.jpg
    beach cruiser moutain bike 005.jpg
    874 KB · Views: 128
  • pictures 643.jpg
    pictures 643.jpg
    311.4 KB · Views: 129
the chrome beach cruiser was truly found in a dumpster 2 weeks with 00000 steel wool and chrome polish brought it to this state added the S/A 3 speed IGH I will still add rear canti brakes the ladies schwinn was a lucky curb find it is soon to get a S/A 8 speed IGH transplant the trailer is one that i build for a lot of our friends most end up as dog haulers

now considering that this is a bike site and you are all bike guys and gals i am assuming this might be one of the questions if you looked at my pics closely this was my daily driver right up to the time of the accident drunk driver ,hit from behind, wheelchair 2 years ago you got the idea still wrenching on bikes though

Attachments

• kona 001.jpg
    kona 001.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Doesn't need to be vintage to be cool. The "cool" is what YOU add to it, like those mags on the Kona. That's rad!
The main no name brands from Canadian Tire are CCM and Supercycle, looks like you found yourself a Bullet. I would build one of them, for sure!
c2661c56-6fc7-47ec-bf5c-afdc7b344126_largesize.jpg

No it is one of the old reliable sturmey archers they never give any trouble i have a brand new sram 3 spd IGH waiting to go into a build just waiting on some bits and pieces to complete the hub one of the members of this forum is trying to source them for me as far as the sram IGH's were concerned it was only the one's with the coaster brake that were the problem all other sram IGHs were fine i have sram 5 and 7 speeds on my parents bikes that have been trouble free for close to 12or13 years just the occasional shifter cable adjustments but after the problem with the 3spd coaster hub sram discontinued the production of all their IGHs
now if somebody had an old sram I-Motion 3 lying around i could use some pieces mainly the small black arm that the shifter cable clips on to
i have several custom frame builds both running disc braked IGH's one is an aluminum Fetish cycle out of san Francisco cali with 8sp S/A disc brake and an on one inbred out of the UK with shimano 11sp disc brake setup

my fetish fixation i got rid of the juice fork on this one and went to a rigid alu fork the other semi cool bike i have waiting in the build que is a general motors branded GMC all alloy frame that was a give away promotion when you bought a GMC Denali high end SUV

Attachments

• pictures 005.jpg
    pictures 005.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
i don't promote businesses normally but this may help some of you out i carry dual citizenship german/canadian and have a sister in germany who's whole family are committed bike nuts they put me on to this website Place is called Kurbelix it is vastly cheaper for me to buy an IGH from them and have my sister send it to me than for me to buy here in canada have realized savings in excess of 50%

the Kona pre mag wheels and my wifes bike $99 walmart special all alu was 1 spd coaster added front disc and shimano 4 spd igh

Attachments

• our bikes 002.jpg
    our bikes 002.jpg
    834.6 KB · Views: 68
  • our bikes 001.jpg
    our bikes 001.jpg
    726.7 KB · Views: 53
That's interesting, I've just acquired a Sachs Torpedo 3 speed in an early seventies CCM tandem. I'm not going to dive into it until winter, but I might need your assistance lol. Little intimidated, but I can usually figure out how to get stuff apart. It's the "back together" thing I struggle with.

Edit: and I don't know why I thought that hub was SRAM, clearly that's a sturmey. I guess it was early morning? Or something?

no worries mate honestly have never had my hands on a sachs hub whenever i tear one down i always have the factory service manual open in front of me there must be a sachs exploded view somewhere

Latest posts

Back