hello from bonnie Scotland

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks,
I'm kenny waters born in '79. I'm married for nearly a year and we've got a wee girl who'll be 3 soon. I work at a university in carlisle 6 miles from scotland as a sculpture technician and when its quiet it's ok for me to make things in there. I'm busy at nights drinking ale, repairing old vws, working on my volksrod and building/riding my drift trikes. (normally in that order)
P1020755-1.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

Photo0216.jpg

why I'm here
IMG_1231_zpsaf8361c9.jpg

IMG_1232_zps4ff044fb.jpg

Hello Kenny and welcome aboard.Nice hobbies you have,love those old VWs.My Grandfather came from Craik,is this anywhere near you?

Thanks folks, jolly kind. It's great to see the variety on offer on this forum. so much variation in the complexity of the work/modifications folk do. Brilliant to have this place to share it all. I've got this "if you can't make it you can't have it" attitude about my work. Keeping costs minimal is important. I like it when people say how much did that cost and you can say £20 and 40hrs!

hey troy, the red one's a '66 beetle I've slightly reshaped, I thought it'd be neat to have a bug pick up where the roofline flowed into the pick up bed. bug rear wings/fenders make up the rear corners with a decklid cut up to make the top of the pick up bed. And yeah Jats, I've got a 1600 pancake motor in it from a type3 fastback, did you get that from seeing that wee bit of exhaust manifold? Here's a pic from about 3 yrs ago, a bit like stage scenery.
108.jpg

The silver toy car is scratchbuilt and roughly based on a ford model A tudor in a radioflyer style.

mouldy the merciless said:
hey troy, the red one's a '66 beetle I've slightly reshaped, I thought it'd be neat to have a bug pick up where the roofline flowed into the pick up bed. bug rear wings/fenders make up the rear corners with a decklid cut up to make the top of the pick up bed. And yeah Jats, I've got a 1600 pancake motor in it from a type3 fastback, did you get that from seeing that wee bit of exhaust manifold? Here's a pic from about 3 yrs ago, a bit like stage scenery.
108.jpg

The silver toy car is scratchbuilt and roughly based on a ford model A tudor in a radioflyer style.
yep the manifold was the give away! I'm an old VW fan, with several bugs a type three and the one i miss the most.........my van hope to get another one when the kids are grown!

Troy

Latest posts

Back