Hello!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

Last year I bought a Soul Beach Cruiser and pretty much switched out all my components, built new wheels, and made it my own. I got a lot of info on here as a researched things I wanted to do.

The other day I saw a Worksman Newsboy frame and fork for sale for $45. After reading about them on here I knew I couldn't pass it up. So now I have a new project to work on.

Its a lot of fun building bikes again like I did as a kid.

Thanks for creating such a great community.

Seriously?? 45 bucks?? Man am I jealous.
I thought it was a good deal. the paint is a bit beat up, and no headset or anything, but its in good shape.

The wheels I was going to use are to wide for the frame. They were off my Soul, but they are 57mm wide, and when I inflate my 2.125 tires there is only a 1mm space on each side.

Im a big guy so when I get some extra money I will build some wheels using Sun Ringle MTX-33's. They should look pretty cool. I have a Shimano coaster brake hub, and some generic front hub that I took off some rims that were folded over and in the trash pile at a LBS.

Thanks everyone! Here are a few photos of my Soul Halo.

This is right after I put it together out of the box last summer.
q8p8HC.jpg

Here it is after putting the wheels I just built on it, and the seat post, stem, and handle bar upgrades. I have some Redline cranks to put on it, and run the brake and shiftier cables to the new hubs.
lHWDFx.jpg

I'll post more when its done. I think I will save the Newsboy for the build off.

The meatier schwalbes (and bigger bars) really proportion out the bike better...very sharp!

If the redline cranks you are putting on are newer...be sure and use loctite on the crank bolts, they have a tendency to fall out :doh:.
Thanks!

I will make sure to pick up some loctite for the cranks.

I like the Schwalbe tires to. I was trying to use some 3" beach bum tires. They fit well with the 57mm rims, but when I built the 80mm wheels and put the beach bums on them they were too wide for the fork, and I would have had to offset the back wheel a lot to get clearance for the chain.

The 2.35" Crazy Bob's are perfect. I have about 3/16" clearance in the front, and once I put on the new crank and bottom bracket I will have about the same with the chain clearance.

Latest posts

Back