Help I.D. a Monark Silver King & a Firestone??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20181027_140206.jpg
20181023_131257~2.jpg
20181026_183824.jpg
20181027_140206.jpg
20181023_131257~2.jpg
20181026_183824.jpg
20181026_183751.jpg
Hi, I'm looking for some help with these 2 bikes; 1st one is a Monark Silver King, model# 4406 and s/n#0307527, also It has the 26" balloon tires. The 2nd one is a blue Firestone, it's aa girl or women's bike and the serial#A115878. It has white handle bar grips, a white leather seat and white pedals with stars stamped on the ends. Also, on the brake arm it is stamped Perry B-100...if that means anything. If anyone has any info on the models or years for either bike, it would be appreciated. Thank you.
20181023_131257~2.jpg
20181023_131257~2.jpg

Attachments

• 20181027_103241.jpg
    20181027_103241.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
The Firestone is a Snyder built bike, like a Rollfast. Probably a late 50s to early 60s model.

I believe your Monark is a '47, and that it would have had a tank originally...very cool bike :thumbsup:
Thank you! I think that one is my favorite. I managed to end up with a total of 4 bikes, I really only need to keep one, it's between that one and another one I haven't yet been able to identify. Pretty sure it's a Schwinn thou. Thanks again for your help

Does anyone know where I can find out what year Firestone started using that style badge? I know there was a style before this one, but having a hard time finding what year it changed. Thought it might help in figuring out the year of the Firestone....

Does anyone know where I can find out what year Firestone started using that style badge? I know there was a style before this one, but having a hard time finding what year it changed. Thought it might help in figuring out the year of the Firestone....
I believe Snyder took over Firestone's bike line in '58, as Monark was bought out by Huffy in '57. One of the Evolution of the Bicycle books has a '59 dated Firestone ad, with all Snyder built bikes. By '64 or so, you start seeing Huffy built bikes, going into the 'Firestone 500' models. ~Adam

The Rollfast bikes of that year would look the same, and the dropouts and chain wheel also narrow down the years it may have been built. Your bike looks good, original down to the pedals.
I would guess 58 - 61, because of the rear rack style, in the early 60's they changed to a lighter rack with chrome trim. I couldn't find a similar bike, either Rollfast or Firestone because they all had the newer style rack in the pics I found.
Snyder's serial numbers of that period don't ID the year unfortunately.

I believe Snyder took over Firestone's bike line in '58, as Monark was bought out by Huffy in '57. One of the Evolution of the Bicycle books has a '59 dated Firestone ad, with all Snyder built bikes. By '64 or so, you start seeing Huffy built bikes, going into the 'Firestone 500' models. ~Adam

Ok, thanks I will have to check out that book and see if the firestone ad helps pin point the year. Appreciate the info.

The Rollfast bikes of that year would look the same, and the dropouts and chain wheel also narrow down the years it may have been built. Your bike looks good, original down to the pedals.
I would guess 58 - 61, because of the rear rack style, in the early 60's they changed to a lighter rack with chrome trim. I couldn't find a similar bike, either Rollfast or Firestone because they all had the newer style rack in the pics I found.
Snyder's serial numbers of that period don't ID the year unfortunately.

Thank you, I'm having a hard time deciding which one to keep, but I definitely don't need to keep both. Especially since I have aquired 2 more, not yet identified (a older ladies Schwinn and a Wards Hawthorne, I think.) Serial numbers haven't been much help unless the bike is a Schwinn. Thanks Again for the information!

Latest posts

Back