help with future headlight

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaxRhapsody

Rhapsodic Laviathan
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
last year I found one of those solar powered yard lanterns. I took it apart and noticed it had used AA batteries. I planned on using it for a headlight.

Now for the advice: I forgot how I was going to wire it. I think I'll need a three way switch. the solar panel and light sensor needs to recharge the battteries as well as turn the light on at night(for when i firget to) like it did as a lantern. that's one position.

the other position besides off is to manually turn it on.

So, should I wire it to the battery pack with the positice wire through the switch and use the wire going to it's led, remove the led and solder those wired to the light?

the rest is simple, the light is going to be wired positive from switch ti battery and the ground straight ti battery. as it was when it was a flashlight. It's the solar auto function that is the issue. I'm thinking it should be okay wired the same; positive to switch to battery, ground straight ti battery, the led leads to the light and it shouldn't effect the light in the other functions. Setup like this it should only charge or turn the light on when the switch is in that position.

next is a metal box for it all.

know somebody knows something about wiring up lights...

Latest posts

Back