BO15 Hey “IKG”

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a chance to work on the ride today. Got the rear brace and kickstand brackets welded in. I also cut the bars down 4 1/2 inches..
Need to do some more cleaning on the welds for it goes to the powder coater this weekend. Going to do a test fit on the monster chainring and work on the tank some more throughout the week.. Still having fun even with these 100 plus degree days.

b511f5095c28993ba7e77ecb4087fdde.png

46d636e84569b5fbfc426bc601fa9c9a.png

2303187f855439888bfc83aad90bdf2e.png

e7bad196de2decc1663026e83f4bae41.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank yall, The bars are Chopshop customz by Chad Morgan. I’ve had them for a couple of years and they finally found a home..

That Sulky looks great spread out on that rim! I really like the brass knuckle seatstay brace and the bars look even cooler shortened like that with the Vans grips. This is gonna be killer!
I hear ya on the heat. It's been that way in Savannah. Actual temp in the 90s but heat indices close to 110. Brutal, but you gotta get the work done, so you keep moving forward.

Well I got to work on the ride tonight. Through a seat and post on just to get a feel for the look. I finally got the big block on it. I tried a couple of other regular chainrings but they just didn’t work. I had to massage the frame a little but I’m happy with the look. Tear down tomorrow evening and off to powder on Saturday.. While it’s at powder I’m going to continue working on the tank. Can’t wait to see the color on this beast. Loud and obnoxious
d9d81a2f39b6eeb13bea34e4bf389097.png

b233b0e207069abc5c71f27037411afa.png

bfca3d76f808a1dcb96f44fc16b66e88.png

I love this build! The combination of that pointed nose extension, the correct springer with the flipped rockers, and those cool bratstyle bars, all work aesthetically together in an incredible way! I have always loved this frame design, but it is a middleweight bike that won't hold a wider tire, so there are limitations. But your solution of tire selection is perfect (especially with that front slick) and makes it all fit in those narrow rails! Slam a small seat back and down on that rear tire and you will nail that front-to-back flow line for which I attempt to achieve every one of my builds! Absolutely beautiful! My favorite build so far!
What he said...

Such an awesome rat!
What color is it gonna be?

Latest posts

Back