Hey from Leo-Land, USA

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey all-

Glad to finally have a reason to post instead of trolling around the gallery and (occasionally) the forum! I was born and raised in Fullerton, CA... the two biggest things to come out of this town are Fender Guitars (R.I.P Leo, Fender Guitars, G&L Guitars) and Social Distortion (R.I.P. Dennis D.) and thankfully growing up in North Orange County our lives were steeped in BMX riding, skateboarding, and punk rock music... it was a pretty great time to be a kid!!! I just ticked off my 40th candle a few months back and I'm pleased to say that my days are still consumed with bike riding, skateboarding, and punk music... but now I can share these things with my sweet lovely wife and my gorgeous hard-chargin' (Iggy style) lil' princess (6 years old and she kicks my can)!

Growin' up in Fullerton had it perks, I was able to meet Leo Fender many times, it was always a pleasure to run across him at the restaurant or in the grocery. I still proudly own an Antigua finish Kingman acoustic guitar Leo gave me, it's one of my most prized possessions! He was always kind and giving, never full of himself, a real gentleman artist! The same could be said for Dennis, the amazingly talented guitar player from Social Distortion who was always good for a handshake, a smile, and good conversation (sorry but I can't say the same about Mike, but oh well, someone had to be "the star"). Punk music was woven into our daily lives in this area, heck... Miller, the drummer from Agent Orange was my assistant coach in little league (with his dad and other brother, the younger Miller brother was on the team with me). My older sister was a good friend of Dennis, luckily, so I was always around when shows would pop up... like when The Minutemen would pull into town or The Vandals would blow through at someone's house party. Mix all that music up with some bikes and skateboards... like I said, it was a pretty great time to be a kid in the right place!!!

Thanks for havin' me! I've really enjoyed this site over the past couple years, your bikes are terrific, and I think there are a really good group of people that make this community a welcome destination for bike-minded people and I'm proud to be apart of it and call myself a member!

That's it... that's me.

Thanks for the welcome! I've enjoyed this site for quite some time but I'm just getting started on my first klunker, so I figured I'd share the build with this good group of bike enthusiasts!

Great avatar! Growing up for me, it was all about Big Daddy Roth! I have loved Rat Fink for as long as I can recall! I grew up with hot rods, my pop was a greaser from the 50's, his first car was a '50 Merc that was shaved, chopped, and lowered for his senior year in in high school, way back in 1955. I filled up 50 pound bags of rock salt for $4.00 an hour under the table to buy my first car, a '67 Mustang drop top, I was 12 years old and it's been a gang of cars ever since. These days I'm finishing up my parts truck/kruiser, it's a '57 F-100, the first year with straight sides on the bed. It's my new baby and I love it!

Well, I'll be posting updated progress pics of my Diamond Back klunker build, shoot me some feedback if you have something to add as I can always use the constructive insight. (Finished bike pictured below)

Thanks again!

-D-

82DBKlunker1.jpg

Latest posts

Back