Higgins rebuild

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I have had this old Higgins tank bike kicking around the shop for a long time now so today I thought it was a good day to start the rebuild on it , not really going to do anything crazy to it just want a nice old rider , I cut 1 1/2" out of the top chain stay to lower it a little and put the springer on it , had to put a set of Deko discs on it just because there cool , more pictures to come
DSC02303.JPG

Very cool build. I love the big apes obviously!! That looks like a budget bmx stem, I can never gets those to hold tall apes without slipping. Your custom discs look good!

So far I am not happy with this cheap stem , going to change that out , and I will have to go with the stock Higgins forks as this springer hits the tank and wont turn very tight , so I think I am going to recurve the stock ones with the stock fork truss and see how that looks

:39: Knowing some of your abilities, I would love to see a custom built truss rod and fork setup!

Latest posts

Back