BO15 High Plains Drifter (The Finish Line)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool job with the brake bell. I did something similar with a horn on my starsNbars build.
Bike is looking fun!

Brake cables and Valve caps! I think I’m going to make it!
2D7EBB9B-810E-40F0-9C30-A80FBD443338.jpeg

Sissy brake is mounted up with cables and working well. I got lucky several weeks ago, and recovered a trashed mountain bike that was abandoned next to my house. Very few things were salvageable. One item though, that has come in very handy is this aluminum elbow from the brake system. It has allowed me to hook up the brake cable to the caliper without binding the cable or having a large awkward cable sticking out. I still need to cut down the new cable for the bell and attach the shifter. Some small touches and touch ups left and I’m off to photograph at some spots I’ve scouted. Friday will be it’s maiden voyage.
B6F18016-D7E5-41AC-BDA7-9A29600B231B.jpeg
A523958C-E99F-410D-9F38-52643FE0E3F4.jpeg
7BD95606-24C7-45B0-A81B-A2635D0D2E98.jpeg
377DDEFB-A715-49A6-B0C1-46B693C30607.jpeg
253015F7-78EC-4420-BFC9-56C5734665DE.jpeg
31DF60CB-31EF-402D-AC5E-1251139F5B6B.jpeg
A29AFD34-5022-43E1-A087-DC12162860A8.jpeg
C654F73C-AB14-471B-8C4D-1CB471B0273E.jpeg

David, I really like the dual purple housed brake lines coming off the bars! I'm wondering if there is enough slack, probably is, to hide that rear brake cable from popping up so soon and drawing our eye to it under that Furple covered 'naner?
If you run it along the seat stay just a few more inches, then zip tie off at that point, and then head up to the noodle. It shouldn't affect the braking too much, woman's bikes have some nasty bends in the brake cables because of their step through design, and they work.
Here's a photo of what I'm thinking about:

david baker purple.jpg

My 'grayed out' mark is where it currently resides. The light purple line would be your new location. Seems much less obtrusive. The tire / fender will hide most of it's verticle approach from the drive side view.

David, I really like the dual purple housed brake lines coming off the bars! I'm wondering if there is enough slack, probably is, to hide that rear brake cable from popping up so soon and drawing our eye to it under that Furple covered 'naner?
If you run it along the seat stay just a few more inches, then zip tie off at that point, and then head up to the noodle. It shouldn't affect the braking too much, woman's bikes have some nasty bends in the brake cables because of their step through design, and they work.
Here's a photo of what I'm thinking about:

View attachment 135517

My 'grayed out' mark is where it currently resides. The light purple line would be your new location. Seems much less obtrusive. The tire / fender will hide most of it's verticle approach from the drive side view.
Thank you for the different point of view! I had adjusted it a few different ways and this suited it best. I comes up right behind the center of the seat post and I feel the cable has a good line. I don’t necessarily want to hide any mechanics, and the cable where it is, leads you to the odd location of the brake. Thanks again for your ideas @OddJob

Way to go man!! What a funky fun build this has been. Well done!
CONGRATS!!!

Latest posts

Back